Remove a template?

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2002
      Another in a long string of questions, it seems. :D

      I have a template that can be applied to followers of certain deities
      who share alignment with their deity. I had been trying to use
      PREALIGN:10, but it turns out that that only restricts the alignment
      to an allowed alignment for the deity. Not what I wanted, and it was
      suggested to instead use a method similar to the Half-Dragon
      templates (have a master template that then selects a subtemplate).

      Now the proper subtemplate will only be applied when legal, but the
      master template can be applied in illegal cases (since I could only
      say "must be a follower of one of these deities, and have one of the
      following alignments").

      Is there some way of having the template removed in the case that no
      subtemplate could be applied? Ideally I'd be able to have the master
      template be unable to be chosen in such cases, but since there's no
      way of specifying "must share deity's alignment", I suppose that's
      not possible. The next best thing would be to have the master
      template be removed by a "(None)" subtemplate.

      Is this possible, or should I put in a FReq for one of the possible
      solutions? (A "share" PREALIGN value, or a template removal tag.)

      Thanks,
      -Ian