Hammer & Helm

  • virduk
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2002
      I'm looking at trying to create my own files so that I can use Green
      Ronin's Hammer & Helm book with PCGen.

      Firstly, has anyone done this already? ;)

      Secondly, some of the feats in H&H allow sorcerors and bards to use
      another stat instead of the normal one to determine all the spell
      stuff (bonus spells, DC's, etc), with the penalty of not being able
      to use spells of certain schools. Is this easily done with PCGen?
    • bd_92
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 28, 2002
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "virduk" <virduk@y...> wrote:
        > I'm looking at trying to create my own files so that I can use
        Green
        > Ronin's Hammer & Helm book with PCGen.

        goody! another one!

        > Firstly, has anyone done this already? ;)

        work in progress blame Tir.

        > Secondly, some of the feats in H&H allow sorcerors and bards to use
        > another stat instead of the normal one to determine all the spell
        > stuff (bonus spells, DC's, etc), with the penalty of not being able
        > to use spells of certain schools. Is this easily done with PCGen?

        Good question, I would like to know..
      • Jason Mulligan
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2002
          On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:37:42 -0000, bd_92 wrote:
          >--- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "virduk" <virduk@y...> wrote:
          >>I'm looking at trying to create my own files so that I can use
          >Green
          >>Ronin's Hammer & Helm book with PCGen.
          >
          >goody! another one!
          >
          >>Secondly, some of the feats in H&H allow sorcerors and bards to use
          >>another stat instead of the normal one to determine all the spell
          >>stuff (bonus spells, DC's, etc), with the penalty of not being able
          >>to use spells of certain schools. Is this easily done with PCGen?
          >

          >Good question, I would like to know..

          Yeah. It doesnt look like its the most straight forward thing to
          implement. the main reason i asked is I have a PC that started with
          one of these very feats (Stoneborn Sorcery)

        • rex_tyler
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2003
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "bd_92" <bd_92@y...> wrote:
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "virduk" <virduk@y...> wrote:
            > > I'm looking at trying to create my own files so that I can use
            > Green
            > > Ronin's Hammer & Helm book with PCGen.
            >
            > goody! another one!
            >

            > > Firstly, has anyone done this already? ;)
            >
            > work in progress blame Tir.

            Don't blame Tir, blame me... I fell off the earth a long time ago
            and was working on this... if it isn't done yet, I can certainly
            pass this on. Just recently got back into it, and have it mostly
            done now, just inputting the last of the spells and then there are a
            few other things that I do not know how to do, or are not currently
            possible. Unfortunately, I think the FOOborn Sorcery feats are among
            the things that cannot be done currently.
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5, 2003
              Welcome back, Rex. I have absolutely NO qualms putting your soul back in
              Karianna's Jar for you. :)

              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen Data SB and BoD
            • paul2000s
              Message 6 of 7 , May 18, 2008
                Hi folks!

                I am looking for a PCGen implementation of the "Hammer & Helm - a
                guidebook to dwarves" (Races of Renown).

                The last related posts are from several years ago. I would assume
                there is some (at least partial) realization around now. Don't want
                to re-invent the wheel ;-)

                Can anyone help me out?

                Cheers,
                Paul
              • David R. Bender
                Message 7 of 7 , May 18, 2008
                  We no longer have the required level of permissions to supply datasets
                  for Green Ronin products. Please see our webpage for publisher
                  permissions (
                  http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/acknowledgments/publishersandsources.html#publishers
                  ).

                  David