Re: How to make deity grant weapon proficiency and bonus?

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2002
      Hi Tir, etc.,

      I tried the

      WEAPONAUTO:Shortbow|Longbow|Longbow (Composite)|Shortbow (Composite)

      statement in the deity lst file, but it didn't work. Any other ideas
      on how to let a cleric's choice of deity grant these weapon
      proficiencies?

      Many thanks,
      Allen

      PS: The BONUS statement you suggested for the deity file didn't work,
      nor did any permutation I could think of. Perhaps BONUS statements
      don't work in deity files?

      Also, I couldn't make a bonus statement with a "%" wildcard character
      work (as you indicated below). So instead I found that explicitly
      listing the following four bonuses (included in the first level line
      of my custom cleric) worked:

      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|TOHIT,DAMAGE|2|PREDEITY:Yamalio
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Shortbow|TOHIT,DAMAGE|2|PREDEITY:Yamalio
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow (Composite)
      |TOHIT,DAMAGE|2|PREDEITY:Yamalio BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Shortbow
      (Composite)|TOHIT,DAMAGE|2|PREDEITY:Yamalio

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>