How to add saves to other variables?

  • raxx_the_grey
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6, 2004
      I'm defining a new gamemode that uses a few extra saves and I'm
      having trouble with them. The saves are based on Willpower and I'm
      trying to set the value for the new saves equal to the Willpower
      save. Is there any way to do this? I've tried
      BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Newsave|Willpower, but it doesn't work.

      Rax the Grey
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2004
        Isn't the note still in the statsandchecks.lst file about only three
        saves/checks being supported?

        Last I knew you could still only have three... (but you can call them
        whatever you want).

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback

      • raxx_the_grey
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
          > Isn't the note still in the statsandchecks.lst file about only three
          > saves/checks being supported?
          >
          > Last I knew you could still only have three... (but you can call
          them
          > whatever you want).
          >
          > Barak
          > ~PCGen BoD
          > ~OS Silverback

          Yeah the note's still there, but it's not accurate. I've added three
          more saves and they show up in PCGen and I can modify them with feats
          etc. It looks like the capability for more saves was added and noone
          was informed.

          Rax the Grey
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "raxx_the_grey"
            <rax_the_grey@h...> wrote:
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
            > > Isn't the note still in the statsandchecks.lst file about only three
            > > saves/checks being supported?
            > >
            > > Last I knew you could still only have three... (but you can call
            > them
            > > whatever you want).
            > >
            > > Barak
            > > ~PCGen BoD
            > > ~OS Silverback

            The original posted problem may be that he's trying to define the
            newsave using Willpower rather than actually entering the equation.
          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004

              > The original posted problem may be that he's trying to define
              > the newsave using Willpower rather than actually entering the
              > equation.

              The only thing I could think of is for him to use the same formula in
              his newsave equations

              Paul G.
            • Chris
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
                > The only thing I could think of is for him to use the same formula in
                > his newsave equations

                Raxx is going to have to use the formula. I just browsed through the
                docs in the DEFINE section and as I suspected there is no system
                defined variable we can use to access saving throw values.

                Something should be implemented similar to the <abb>/<abb>SCORE (ala
                CON/CONSCORE) setup we have for ability stats.

                Barak
              • raxx_the_grey
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
                  > > The only thing I could think of is for him to use the same
                  formula in
                  > > his newsave equations
                  >
                  > Raxx is going to have to use the formula. I just browsed through
                  the
                  > docs in the DEFINE section and as I suspected there is no system
                  > defined variable we can use to access saving throw values.
                  >
                  > Something should be implemented similar to the <abb>/<abb>SCORE
                  (ala
                  > CON/CONSCORE) setup we have for ability stats.
                  >
                  > Barak

                  When you say "use the formula" what exactly do you mean? .MODing
                  *EVERY* class to add in formulas for these new saves is the only
                  other way I can think to do this presently, and that's not a
                  practical option at all. As is, in the statsandchecks.lst file I've
                  just got the names of the new saves.

                  Rax the Grey
                • taluroniscandar
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
                    <rax_the_grey@h...> wrote:
                    > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
                    > > > The only thing I could think of is for him to use the same
                    > formula in
                    > > > his newsave equations
                    > >
                    > > Raxx is going to have to use the formula. I just browsed through
                    > the
                    > > docs in the DEFINE section and as I suspected there is no system
                    > > defined variable we can use to access saving throw values.
                    > >
                    > > Something should be implemented similar to the <abb>/<abb>SCORE
                    > (ala
                    > > CON/CONSCORE) setup we have for ability stats.
                    > >
                    > > Barak
                    >
                    > When you say "use the formula" what exactly do you mean? .MODing
                    > *EVERY* class to add in formulas for these new saves is the only
                    > other way I can think to do this presently, and that's not a
                    > practical option at all. As is, in the statsandchecks.lst file I've
                    > just got the names of the new saves.
                    >
                    > Rax the Grey

                    A new checkname line, omething like
                    CHECKNAME:Newsave
                    BONUS:CHECKS|Newsave|WIS BONUS:CHECKS|Newsave|((TL-20)/2)MAX0|TYPE=Epic
                  • taluroniscandar
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
                      > When you say "use the formula" what exactly do you mean? .MODing
                      > *EVERY* class to add in formulas for these new saves is the only
                      > other way I can think to do this presently, and that's not a
                      > practical option at all. As is, in the statsandchecks.lst file I've
                      > just got the names of the new saves.

                      See previous post about "use the formula".

                      As to adding the save to every class...
                      .MOD's the only thing I can think of either.

                      And you'll have to create a new OS to print the save.