Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] testing knowledge skills

  • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
      > PRESKILL:2,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge (Religion)=6
      >
      > will get my the 1st 2.
      >
      > PRESKILL:2,TYPE.Knowledge=8

      PRESKILL:2,[Knowledge (Arcana)],[Knowledge (Religion)],TYPE.Knowledge=8

      That should work for you. Any two Knowledge type skills, so long as they aren't Arcana or Religion.... At least my tired brain thinks it should work. Something is nagging the back of my mind tho....

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2004
        <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
        > How would I go about doing this:
        >
        > Knowledge (arcana) 6 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, Knowledge
        > (any two other areas of knowledge) 8 ranks each.
        >
        > Now:
        >
        > PRESKILL:2,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge (Religion)=6
        >
        > will get my the 1st 2.
        >
        > PRESKILL:2,TYPE.Knowledge=8
        >
        > will partially satisfy the last 2. However, how do I make sure that
        > arcana and religion are not included in this test?

        PRESKILLTOT:TYPE.Knowledge=28 would verify the total required.
        In conjunction with
        PRESKILL:4,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge (Religion),TYPE.Knowledge=6
        you'd be 90% of the way there.

        Does
        PRESKILL:2,TYPE.Knowledge=8|!PRESKILL:2,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge
        (Religion)=8
        work? I kinda doubt it but it's worth a try I suppose.