testing knowledge skills

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
      How would I go about doing this:

      Knowledge (arcana) 6 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, Knowledge
      (any two other areas of knowledge) 8 ranks each.

      Now:

      PRESKILL:2,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge (Religion)=6

      will get my the 1st 2.

      PRESKILL:2,TYPE.Knowledge=8

      will partially satisfy the last 2. However, how do I make sure that
      arcana and religion are not included in this test?

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
        On 8/4/04 10:07 AM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

        > How would I go about doing this:
        >
        > Knowledge (arcana) 6 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, Knowledge
        > (any two other areas of knowledge) 8 ranks each.
        >
        > Now:
        >
        > PRESKILL:2,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge (Religion)=6
        >
        > will get my the 1st 2.
        >
        > PRESKILL:2,TYPE.Knowledge=8
        >
        > will partially satisfy the last 2. However, how do I make sure that
        > arcana and religion are not included in this test?

        Add this in addition to the first 2

        PRESKILL:4,TYPE.Knowledge=6

        This would make sure they have 2 other knowledges higher then six besides
        the first two, just off the top of my head, might not be fool proof.
        --
        ~ Eddy
        ~ PCGen BoD, Docs SB, LST Chimp, TM Lemur
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
          >> PRESKILL:2,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge (Religion)=6
          >> PRESKILL:2,TYPE.Knowledge=8
          >
          > Add this in addition to the first 2
          >
          > PRESKILL:4,TYPE.Knowledge=6
          >
          > This would make sure they have 2 other knowledges higher then six
          > besides the first two, just off the top of my head, might not be
          > fool proof.

          Hadn't thought of that, thanks. However, those 3, working together,
          would validate this:

          Knowledge (arcana) 6
          Knowledge (nobility and history) 6
          Knowledge (religion) 8
          Knowledge (the planes) 8

          Guess I'll need a PRETEXT in there as well.

        • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
            > PRESKILL:2,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge (Religion)=6
            >
            > will get my the 1st 2.
            >
            > PRESKILL:2,TYPE.Knowledge=8

            PRESKILL:2,[Knowledge (Arcana)],[Knowledge (Religion)],TYPE.Knowledge=8

            That should work for you. Any two Knowledge type skills, so long as they aren't Arcana or Religion.... At least my tired brain thinks it should work. Something is nagging the back of my mind tho....

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
          • taluroniscandar
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2004
              <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
              > How would I go about doing this:
              >
              > Knowledge (arcana) 6 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, Knowledge
              > (any two other areas of knowledge) 8 ranks each.
              >
              > Now:
              >
              > PRESKILL:2,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge (Religion)=6
              >
              > will get my the 1st 2.
              >
              > PRESKILL:2,TYPE.Knowledge=8
              >
              > will partially satisfy the last 2. However, how do I make sure that
              > arcana and religion are not included in this test?

              PRESKILLTOT:TYPE.Knowledge=28 would verify the total required.
              In conjunction with
              PRESKILL:4,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge (Religion),TYPE.Knowledge=6
              you'd be 90% of the way there.

              Does
              PRESKILL:2,TYPE.Knowledge=8|!PRESKILL:2,Knowledge (Arcana),Knowledge
              (Religion)=8
              work? I kinda doubt it but it's worth a try I suppose.