Re: testing on spell descriptors

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
      > I know you can test on spell sub-schools with PRESPELLSUBSCHOOL...
      > maybe we can have the descriptors added to the elemental subschool
      > in that 'big spell revamp' that's in the works... I.e., they'd all
      > be of the "elemental" subschool. Short of that, there aren't too
      > many 2nd level spells arcane or divine, that are elemental... it
      > may be practical for now to just PREMULT:2,[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST
      > OF ARCANE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>],[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST OF
      > DIVINE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>]
      >
      > just a thought.

      While that is an idea, the issue with that is I don't know *every*
      spell from *every* source that PCGen does include or will include
      that will have these elemental descriptors.

      I was just hoping for a generic solution...guess the explicit is how
      its going to have to be for now.

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
        > While that is an idea, the issue with that is I don't know *every*
        > spell from *every* source that PCGen does include or will include
        > that will have these elemental descriptors.
        >
        > I was just hoping for a generic solution...guess the explicit is how
        > its going to have to be for now.
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

        Well, we could offer Blithwyn some Monkey Snacks (tm) to add the
        PRESPELLDESRIPTOR tag. He just fixed the (SUB)SCHOOL tags and
        PRExxx's. The PRESPELLDESCRIPTOR tag should operate very similarly.
      • Craig Friedman
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
          Craig Friedman

          > I know you can test on spell sub-schools with PRESPELLSUBSCHOOL...
          > maybe we can have the descriptors added to the elemental subschool
          > in that 'big spell revamp' that's in the works... I.e., they'd all
          > be of the "elemental" subschool. Short of that, there aren't too
          > many 2nd level spells arcane or divine, that are elemental... it
          > may be practical for now to just PREMULT:2,[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST
          > OF ARCANE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>],[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST OF
          > DIVINE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>]
          >
          > just a thought.

          While that is an idea, the issue with that is I don't know *every*
          spell from *every* source that PCGen does include or will include
          that will have these elemental descriptors.

          I was just hoping for a generic solution...guess the explicit is how
          its going to have to be for now.

          Paul W. King
          TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor