Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] testing on spell descriptors

  • Guillermo Llosa
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
      Paul W. King wrote:

      > Is there a way to test on spell descriptors? I have a class that
      > requires:
      >
      > 'able to cast level 2 arcane and divine spells; 3 of each must have
      > elemental descriptors such as [acid], [air], [cold], [earth],
      > [electricity], [fire], [sonic] and [water].'
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

      I know you can test on spell sub-schools with PRESPELLSUBSCHOOL...
      maybe we can have the descriptors added to the elemental subschool in
      that 'big spell revamp' that's in the works... I.e., they'd all be of
      the "elemental" subschool. Short of that, there aren't too many 2nd
      level spells arcane or divine, that are elemental... it may be practical
      for now to just PREMULT:2,[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST OF ARCANE ELEMENTAL
      SPELLS HERE>],[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST OF DIVINE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>]

      just a thought.

      Guillermo Llosa
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
        <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
        > Is there a way to test on spell descriptors? I have a class that
        > requires:
        >
        > 'able to cast level 2 arcane and divine spells; 3 of each must have
        > elemental descriptors such as [acid], [air], [cold], [earth],
        > [electricity], [fire], [sonic] and [water].'
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

        There is a existing request at Source Forge for a PRESPELLDESCRIPTOR
        tag (835676).
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
          > I know you can test on spell sub-schools with PRESPELLSUBSCHOOL...
          > maybe we can have the descriptors added to the elemental subschool
          > in that 'big spell revamp' that's in the works... I.e., they'd all
          > be of the "elemental" subschool. Short of that, there aren't too
          > many 2nd level spells arcane or divine, that are elemental... it
          > may be practical for now to just PREMULT:2,[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST
          > OF ARCANE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>],[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST OF
          > DIVINE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>]
          >
          > just a thought.

          While that is an idea, the issue with that is I don't know *every*
          spell from *every* source that PCGen does include or will include
          that will have these elemental descriptors.

          I was just hoping for a generic solution...guess the explicit is how
          its going to have to be for now.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
            > While that is an idea, the issue with that is I don't know *every*
            > spell from *every* source that PCGen does include or will include
            > that will have these elemental descriptors.
            >
            > I was just hoping for a generic solution...guess the explicit is how
            > its going to have to be for now.
            >
            > Paul W. King
            > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

            Well, we could offer Blithwyn some Monkey Snacks (tm) to add the
            PRESPELLDESRIPTOR tag. He just fixed the (SUB)SCHOOL tags and
            PRExxx's. The PRESPELLDESCRIPTOR tag should operate very similarly.
          • Craig Friedman
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
              Craig Friedman

              > I know you can test on spell sub-schools with PRESPELLSUBSCHOOL...
              > maybe we can have the descriptors added to the elemental subschool
              > in that 'big spell revamp' that's in the works... I.e., they'd all
              > be of the "elemental" subschool. Short of that, there aren't too
              > many 2nd level spells arcane or divine, that are elemental... it
              > may be practical for now to just PREMULT:2,[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST
              > OF ARCANE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>],[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST OF
              > DIVINE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>]
              >
              > just a thought.

              While that is an idea, the issue with that is I don't know *every*
              spell from *every* source that PCGen does include or will include
              that will have these elemental descriptors.

              I was just hoping for a generic solution...guess the explicit is how
              its going to have to be for now.

              Paul W. King
              TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor