testing on spell descriptors

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
      Is there a way to test on spell descriptors? I have a class that
      requires:

      'able to cast level 2 arcane and divine spells; 3 of each must have
      elemental descriptors such as [acid], [air], [cold], [earth],
      [electricity], [fire], [sonic] and [water].'

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD
    • Guillermo Llosa
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
        Paul W. King wrote:

        > Is there a way to test on spell descriptors? I have a class that
        > requires:
        >
        > 'able to cast level 2 arcane and divine spells; 3 of each must have
        > elemental descriptors such as [acid], [air], [cold], [earth],
        > [electricity], [fire], [sonic] and [water].'
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

        I know you can test on spell sub-schools with PRESPELLSUBSCHOOL...
        maybe we can have the descriptors added to the elemental subschool in
        that 'big spell revamp' that's in the works... I.e., they'd all be of
        the "elemental" subschool. Short of that, there aren't too many 2nd
        level spells arcane or divine, that are elemental... it may be practical
        for now to just PREMULT:2,[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST OF ARCANE ELEMENTAL
        SPELLS HERE>],[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST OF DIVINE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>]

        just a thought.

        Guillermo Llosa
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
          <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
          > Is there a way to test on spell descriptors? I have a class that
          > requires:
          >
          > 'able to cast level 2 arcane and divine spells; 3 of each must have
          > elemental descriptors such as [acid], [air], [cold], [earth],
          > [electricity], [fire], [sonic] and [water].'
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

          There is a existing request at Source Forge for a PRESPELLDESCRIPTOR
          tag (835676).
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
            > I know you can test on spell sub-schools with PRESPELLSUBSCHOOL...
            > maybe we can have the descriptors added to the elemental subschool
            > in that 'big spell revamp' that's in the works... I.e., they'd all
            > be of the "elemental" subschool. Short of that, there aren't too
            > many 2nd level spells arcane or divine, that are elemental... it
            > may be practical for now to just PREMULT:2,[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST
            > OF ARCANE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>],[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST OF
            > DIVINE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>]
            >
            > just a thought.

            While that is an idea, the issue with that is I don't know *every*
            spell from *every* source that PCGen does include or will include
            that will have these elemental descriptors.

            I was just hoping for a generic solution...guess the explicit is how
            its going to have to be for now.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
              > While that is an idea, the issue with that is I don't know *every*
              > spell from *every* source that PCGen does include or will include
              > that will have these elemental descriptors.
              >
              > I was just hoping for a generic solution...guess the explicit is how
              > its going to have to be for now.
              >
              > Paul W. King
              > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

              Well, we could offer Blithwyn some Monkey Snacks (tm) to add the
              PRESPELLDESRIPTOR tag. He just fixed the (SUB)SCHOOL tags and
              PRExxx's. The PRESPELLDESCRIPTOR tag should operate very similarly.
            • Craig Friedman
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
                Craig Friedman

                > I know you can test on spell sub-schools with PRESPELLSUBSCHOOL...
                > maybe we can have the descriptors added to the elemental subschool
                > in that 'big spell revamp' that's in the works... I.e., they'd all
                > be of the "elemental" subschool. Short of that, there aren't too
                > many 2nd level spells arcane or divine, that are elemental... it
                > may be practical for now to just PREMULT:2,[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST
                > OF ARCANE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>],[PRESPELL:3,<INSERT LIST OF
                > DIVINE ELEMENTAL SPELLS HERE>]
                >
                > just a thought.

                While that is an idea, the issue with that is I don't know *every*
                spell from *every* source that PCGen does include or will include
                that will have these elemental descriptors.

                I was just hoping for a generic solution...guess the explicit is how
                its going to have to be for now.

                Paul W. King
                TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor