Changing DEX bonus for ranged attacks?

  • lange72
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      Trying to create a feat that allows for the replacement of the DEX bonus as the ranged attack bonus, but only for certain items. I'm creating 2 different feats. One will use STR instead of DEX, another will use WIS instead of DEX.

      1. Is there any way to code the feat so that it will overide the default DEX bonus for ranged attacks?

      2. Is there any way to add to this code so that the replacement happens ONLY with certain weapons?

      Example

      Feat: Spearchucker
      If using Half-Spear or javelin, replace the normal DEX attribute bonus for ranged attacks with the STR attribute bonus instead.

      Thanks

      Lange LeBlanc

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        lange72 scribed:

        > Trying to create a feat that allows for the replacement of the DEX bonus as
        > the ranged attack bonus, but only for certain items. I'm creating 2 different
        > feats. One will use STR instead of DEX, another will use WIS instead of DEX.
        >
        > 1. Is there any way to code the feat so that it will overide the default DEX
        > bonus for ranged attacks?
        >
        > 2. Is there any way to add to this code so that the replacement happens ONLY
        > with certain weapons?
        >
        > Example
        >
        > Feat: Spearchucker
        > If using Half-Spear or javelin, replace the normal DEX attribute bonus for
        > ranged attacks with the STR attribute bonus instead.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Lange LeBlanc
        Sure:

        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Javelin|TOHIT|(STR-DEX)

        Add one of these tags for each weapon proficiency the feat applies to. There
        are other properties the tag can effect as well, see the docs for details.
        --
        ~ Eddy
        ~ PCGen BoD, Docs SB, LST Chimp, TM Lemur