Templates

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 22, 2004
      Hey everyone!

      I just completely overhauled the templates for the RSRD.

      Work done:
      - converted everything from using feats to using templates (notably Half
      Dragon, Vampire and Skeleton) I didn't delete the feats from the hidden
      feats file as I don't know if they're used anywhere else or not (Doug, Tir,
      canyou check on that?).

      - Fixed Celestial & Fiendish templates to bring intelligence to at least
      three if it is below that (got rid of the PRESTAT)

      - Fixed movement rates on Celestial/Fiendish/Half-Celestial and
      Half-Fiendish

      - Added Lycanthrope templates. There are still bits missing (mostly because
      I haven't figured out a way to do them yet), but they should be very nice
      for the most part.

      Work to be done:
      - Add the proper PRETYPEs for each template... Currently only Lycanthropes
      and Celestial/Fiendish have them

      Would some of you kindly grab the latest from CVS and bang on these a bit
      and let me know if I inadvertantly broke anything or if there are areas that
      need more attention? I'm going oout of town for the weekend and won't be
      able to work on it until I'm back, but a list ot focus on when I do would be
      great.

      Thanks!

      Barak
      ~PCGen BoD
      ~OS Silverback
    • bridgegm
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 31, 2004
        wererats (hybrid) is incorrectly getting a +8 misc bonus on 'swim'
        skill. wererat (dire rat) and wererat (hybrid) do not seem to change
        swim + climb skills from str skills to dex skills (code issue?).
        wererat (dire rat) and wererat (hybrid) should have an additional
        point of natural armor AC. wererat (dire rat) seems to negate weapon
        finesse for unarmed strikes and flurry of blows (yet, 'unarmed' still
        shows correctly), but does change the attack damage for monks to the
        small monk table.
        these all could be output sheet issues (using
        htmlxml\csheet_fantasy_combined.htm)

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
        > Hey everyone!
        SNIP
        > Would some of you kindly grab the latest from CVS and bang on these
        a bit
        > and let me know if I inadvertantly broke anything or if there are
        areas that
        > need more attention? I'm going oout of town for the weekend and
        won't be
        > able to work on it until I'm back, but a list ot focus on when I do
        would be
        > great.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Barak
        > ~PCGen BoD
        > ~OS Silverback
      • jpargeter
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 29, 2004
          I want to create a template that will add 5' to a character's base
          move. I have created the template both with the list editor and
          (gasp) manually editing the resulting .lst file in customsources. I
          have tried both

          MOVEA:Walk,5.0

          and

          MOVE:Walk,35.0

          however, neither changes the OS (it still reads Walk 30'.

          RSRD only - PCGen5.78 - Java1.42 plenty of processing power and
          memory. What the heck am I doing wrong?

          I apologise if this is a FAQ or a know bug - I tried to search for my
          answer I did I did!

          -jpargeter
        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 29, 2004

            > I want to create a template that will add 5' to a character's
            > base move. I have created the template both with the list editor and
            > (gasp) manually editing the resulting .lst file in
            > customsources. I have tried both
            >
            > MOVEA:Walk,5.0
            >
            > and
            >
            > MOVE:Walk,35.0
            >
            > however, neither changes the OS (it still reads Walk 30'.
            >
            > RSRD only - PCGen5.78 - Java1.42 plenty of processing power
            > and memory. What the heck am I doing wrong?
            >
            > I apologise if this is a FAQ or a know bug - I tried to
            > search for my answer I did I did!
            >
            > -jpargeter

            Put this in your template

            Tag Name: BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.x|y

            Variables Used (x): Text (Movement type)

            Variables Used (y): Number (Number to add to movement rate)

            What it does:

            Adds to movement to the listed TYPE.
            Done before MOVEMULT and POSTMOVEADD calculations.
            It only works on MOVE types that have been defined in a MOVE or
            MOVECLONE tag.
            PRExxx tags can also be used with this tag.
            Examples:

            BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|10

            Adds 10 to Walk.

            BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|5|PREVARLT:ENCUMBERANCE,1

            Adds 5 to Walk so long as the character is not at medium load.
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 29, 2004
              > I want to create a template that will add 5' to a character's base
              > move.

              Did you try

              BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|5

              Paul W. King
              TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD
            • jpargeter
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 29, 2004
                OK, Paul that worked perfectly. And I might add, finally got me off
                my butt to read through the DOCs and start trying to actually code
                some of the custom stuff my group hads been doing. - A new problem:

                I used this statement (as per the example in the docs) in the same
                template as the bonus:MOVEADD template:

                BONUS:VISION|Low-Light|60

                to add 60' low-light vision to a character that did not previously
                have low-light vision. On the OS on the vision line I am getting:

                Low-Light (60'), Low-Light (60'), Normal

                Why the duplication?
                jpargeter

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"

                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 29, 2004

                  > OK, Paul that worked perfectly. And I might add, finally got
                  > me off my butt to read through the DOCs and start trying to
                  > actually code some of the custom stuff my group has been
                  > doing. - A new problem:
                  >
                  > I used this statement (as per the example in the docs) in the
                  > same template as the bonus:MOVEADD template:
                  >
                  > BONUS:VISION|Low-Light|60
                  >
                  > to add 60' low-light vision to a character that did not
                  > previously have low-light vision. On the OS on the vision
                  > line I am getting:
                  >
                  > Low-Light (60'), Low-Light (60'), Normal
                  >
                  > Why the duplication?
                  > jpargeter

                  Hmm, I believe it's this.

                  BONUS:VISION|Low-light (60')
                  ^

                  Notice the lowercase l
                • Evan
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 29, 2004
                    <paul.grosse@m...> wrote:

                    > > OK, Paul that worked perfectly. And I might add, finally got
                    > > me off my butt to read through the DOCs and start trying to
                    > > actually code some of the custom stuff my group has been
                    > > doing. - A new problem:
                    > >
                    > > I used this statement (as per the example in the docs) in the
                    > > same template as the bonus:MOVEADD template:
                    > >
                    > > BONUS:VISION|Low-Light|60
                    > >
                    > > to add 60' low-light vision to a character that did not
                    > > previously have low-light vision. On the OS on the vision
                    > > line I am getting:
                    > >
                    > > Low-Light (60'), Low-Light (60'), Normal
                    > >
                    > > Why the duplication?
                    > > jpargeter
                    > >

                    > Hmm, I believe it's this.
                    >
                    > BONUS:VISION|Low-light (60')
                    > ^
                    >
                    > Notice the lowercase l

                    You can also just do VISION:Low-light (60') and that will work.

                    Evan
                  • Paul Grosse
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 29, 2004
                      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
                      > <paul.grosse@m...> wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > OK, Paul that worked perfectly. And I might add, finally
                      > got me off
                      > > > my butt to read through the DOCs and start trying to
                      > actually code
                      > > > some of the custom stuff my group has been doing. - A new problem:
                      > > >
                      > > > I used this statement (as per the example in the docs) in
                      > the same
                      > > > template as the bonus:MOVEADD template:
                      > > >
                      > > > BONUS:VISION|Low-Light|60
                      > > >
                      > > > to add 60' low-light vision to a character that did not
                      > previously
                      > > > have low-light vision. On the OS on the vision line I am getting:
                      > > >
                      > > > Low-Light (60'), Low-Light (60'), Normal
                      > > >
                      > > > Why the duplication?
                      > > > jpargeter
                      > > >

                      > > Hmm, I believe it's this.
                      > >
                      > > BONUS:VISION|Low-light (60')
                      > > ^
                      > >
                      > > Notice the lowercase l
                      >
                      > You can also just do VISION:Low-light (60') and that will work.
                      >
                      > Evan

                      No I think he wants the BONUS one, because if the char doesn't have
                      low-light he wants to set it to 60', if he applies it to another char
                      that has low-light he wants it to add to the low-light vision.

                      Paul G.
                    • jpargeter
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 29, 2004
                        Thank you so much! - I hadn't completely grokked the whole BONUS
                        idea - what I wanted was VISION:Low-light (60'). What I am
                        implementing is a system whereby each character will have their own
                        custom built template to account for the off-rule oddities our GM has
                        dreamt up.

                        So I really won't have a situation where one template will need to
                        either add to low-light vision or set it if it's not already there.

                        Cool functionality though. learning this syntax changes the way I
                        think about the game... heh.

                        thanks again,
                        -jpargeter
                      • Paul
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 22, 2006
                          Okay following the previous discussion on RACETYPE and RACEAUBTYPE I
                          broke a template down in an effert to get it working correctly, but I
                          can't seem to get it to fire some choose boxes

                          Here's what I'd like to happen

                          A person applies the Abberrant template to a creature, which then
                          fires a choose box for the templates that are based on RACETYPE and
                          will apply the new RACETYPE and RACESUBTYPE.
                          Then that template will fire a choose box for if the creature being
                          altered has a Racial HD above or below 8d. Then that template alters
                          (or leaves alone) the existing HD. And fires another chooser box to
                          pick how many special qualities it gets.

                          That template fires a feat box listing the special qualities and the
                          number they get to choose from. Once those feats have been applid it
                          fires another chooser box to apply a number of special attacks it
                          gets.

                          But with my existing code all it dos it apply the first template, and
                          no errors come up in the console on load or when the first template
                          is applied. Somebody want to take a look at it and tell me what I did
                          wrong?

                          Aberrant
                          !PRERACE:1,Construct,Outsider,Undead
                          !PRETEMPLATE:1,Incorporeal
                          MULT:YES
                          VISIBLE:YES
                          SOURCEPAGE:Pg. 17
                          CHOOSE:Aberrant (Abberation)|Aberrant (Animal)|Aberrant (Dragon)
                          |Aberrant (Fey)|Aberrant (Giant)|Aberrant (Humanoid)|Aberrant
                          (Magical Beast)|Aberrant (Monstrous Humanoid)|Aberrant (Ooze)
                          |Aberrant (Plant)|Aberrant (Vermin)
                          TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:%LIST

                          Sample Racial template

                          Aberrant (Animal)
                          PRERACE:1,Animal
                          MULT:YES
                          PRETEMPLATE:1,[Aberrant]
                          VISIBLE:No
                          SOURCEPAGE:Pg. 17
                          CHOOSE:Aberrant (below 8hd)|Aberrant (above 8hd)
                          TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:%LIST
                          RACETYPE:Abberration
                          RACESUBTYPE:Augmented Animal

                          Aberrant (below 8hd)
                          PREVARLT:HD,8
                          HITDIE:8|CLASS.TYPE=Monster
                          MULT:YES
                          VISIBLE:NO
                          SOURCEPAGE:Pg. 17
                          CHOOSE:Aberrant Special attack 1 choice|Aberrant Special attack 2
                          choices|Aberrant Special attack 3 choices|Aberrant Special attack 4
                          choices
                          TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:%LIST

                          Aberrant Special attack 1 choice
                          MULT:YES
                          VISIBLE:NO
                          SOURCEPAGE:Pg. 17
                          CHOOSE:Aberrant Special quality 1 choice|Aberrant Special qualities 2
                          choices|Aberrant Special qualities 3 choices|Aberrant Special
                          qualities 4 choices
                          TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:%LIST
                          ADD:FEAT(Adhesive,Blood Drain,Charming Gaze,Confusing
                          Gaze,Constrict,Corrosive Slime,Destructive
                          Harmonics,Disease,Engulf,Enslave,Ground Manipulation,Improved
                          Grab,Mind Blast,Moan,Paralysis,Poison,Psionics,Shadow
                          Shift,Spell_like Abilities[Spell-
                          like],Spittle,Squeeze,Transformation,Web)1

                          Aberrant Special quality 1 choice
                          MULT:YES
                          VISIBLE:NO
                          SOURCEPAGE:Pg. 17
                          ADD:FEAT(Amorphous or Indiscernible Anatomy,Blindsight,Damage
                          Reduction,Darkvision_normal vision,Darkvision_darkvision,Detect
                          Thoughts,Energy Resistance,Fast Healing,Flight_Wings_no
                          flight,Flight_Buoyant_no
                          flight,Flight_Wings_flight,Flight_Buoyant_flight,Guarded
                          Thoughts,Haste,Mimic Shape,Protection from Sonics,Regeneration,Sense
                          of Detection,Spell Immunity,Spell Resistance,Telepathy,Tremorsense)1
                        • Eddy Anthony
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 22, 2006
                            Paul scribed:

                            > Somebody want to take a look at it and tell me what I did
                            > wrong?

                            Where to begin, :/

                            > Aberrant
                            > !PRERACE:1,Construct,Outsider,Undead

                            !PRERACE:1,RACETYPE=Construct,RACETYPE=Outsider,RACETYPE=Undead

                            > !PRETEMPLATE:1,Incorporeal

                            !PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Incorporeal

                            > MULT:YES
                            > VISIBLE:YES
                            > SOURCEPAGE:Pg. 17
                            > CHOOSE:Aberrant (Abberation)|Aberrant (Animal)|Aberrant (Dragon)
                            > |Aberrant (Fey)|Aberrant (Giant)|Aberrant (Humanoid)|Aberrant
                            > (Magical Beast)|Aberrant (Monstrous Humanoid)|Aberrant (Ooze)
                            > |Aberrant (Plant)|Aberrant (Vermin)

                            > TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:%LIST

                            Not sure what you think this is supposed to do, this tag is used to add
                            choices to an existing TEMPLATE:CHOOSE tag by the way of a .MOD.

                            So if you had a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE is a feat you could .MOD the feat from
                            another file and use TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE to add options to the original
                            TEMPLATE:CHOOSE.

                            I probably need to clarify this in the docs, the entry isn't very
                            informative.

                            Also, TEMPLATE:CHOOSE may not work in a feat, it's listed as a race and
                            template tag. What you need to do is have the feat add a single template
                            which in turn has the TEMPLATE:CHOOSE in it

                            > Sample Racial template
                            >
                            > Aberrant (Animal)
                            > PRERACE:1,Animal

                            PRERACE:1,RACETYPE=Animal

                            --
                            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 23, 2006
                              > Aberrant
                              > !PRERACE:1,Construct,Outsider,Undead
                              > !PRETEMPLATE:1,Incorporeal
                              > MULT:YES
                              > VISIBLE:YES
                              > SOURCEPAGE:Pg. 17
                              > CHOOSE:Aberrant (Abberation)|Aberrant (Animal)|Aberrant (Dragon)
                              > |Aberrant (Fey)|Aberrant (Giant)|Aberrant (Humanoid)|Aberrant
                              > (Magical Beast)|Aberrant (Monstrous Humanoid)|Aberrant (Ooze)
                              > |Aberrant (Plant)|Aberrant (Vermin)
                              > TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:%LIST

                              Let's just discuss this first template.

                              A) MULT:YES is a feat thing - you can only take any given template _one_ time
                              B) CHOOSE: is also a feat thing, if you want it to save, you need TEMPLATE:CHOOSE, except in a few instances where it has been altered (and I don't remember those - best not to use that fragile code either).
                              C) TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE: is a .MOD tag. Adds to an already existing TEMPLATE:CHOOSE tag in the same object. In this object, it won't do anything.
                              D) I don't think TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE accepts LIST/%LIST

                              So, was that supposed to be a template, or feat?

                              > Sample Racial template
                              >
                              > Aberrant (Animal)
                              > PRERACE:1,Animal
                              > MULT:YES
                              > PRETEMPLATE:1,[Aberrant]
                              > VISIBLE:No
                              > SOURCEPAGE:Pg. 17
                              > CHOOSE:Aberrant (below 8hd)|Aberrant (above 8hd)
                              > TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:%LIST
                              > RACETYPE:Abberration
                              > RACESUBTYPE:Augmented Animal

                              Ok, this is a template...

                              A) MULT:YES is a feat thing, wrong object.
                              B) TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE is going onto what TEMPLATE:CHOOSE in the same object?

                              Nevermind, all the same problems as the first.....

                              TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE is resolved on loading, not on the fly...... It isn't designed to do what you are attempting....

                              Tir Gwaith
                              LST Chimp
                            • Paul Grosse
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 23, 2006
                                > > Aberrant
                                > > !PRERACE:1,Construct,Outsider,Undead
                                > > !PRETEMPLATE:1,Incorporeal
                                > > MULT:YES
                                > > VISIBLE:YES
                                > > SOURCEPAGE:Pg. 17
                                > > CHOOSE:Aberrant (Abberation)|Aberrant (Animal)|Aberrant (Dragon)
                                > > |Aberrant (Fey)|Aberrant (Giant)|Aberrant (Humanoid)|Aberrant
                                > > (Magical Beast)|Aberrant (Monstrous Humanoid)|Aberrant (Ooze)
                                > > |Aberrant (Plant)|Aberrant (Vermin)
                                > > TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:%LIST
                                >
                                > Let's just discuss this first template.
                                >
                                > A) MULT:YES is a feat thing - you can only take any given
                                > template _one_ time
                                > B) CHOOSE: is also a feat thing, if you want it to save, you
                                > need TEMPLATE:CHOOSE, except in a few instances where it has
                                > been altered (and I don't remember those - best not to use
                                > that fragile code either).
                                > C) TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE: is a .MOD tag. Adds to an already
                                > existing TEMPLATE:CHOOSE tag in the same object. In this
                                > object, it won't do anything.
                                > D) I don't think TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE accepts LIST/%LIST
                                >
                                > So, was that supposed to be a template, or feat?
                                >

                                > > Sample Racial template
                                > >
                                > > Aberrant (Animal)
                                > > PRERACE:1,Animal
                                > > MULT:YES
                                > > PRETEMPLATE:1,[Aberrant]
                                > > VISIBLE:No
                                > > SOURCEPAGE:Pg. 17
                                > > CHOOSE:Aberrant (below 8hd)|Aberrant (above 8hd)
                                > > TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:%LIST RACETYPE:Abberration RACESUBTYPE:Augmented
                                > > Animal
                                >
                                > Ok, this is a template...
                                >
                                > A) MULT:YES is a feat thing, wrong object.
                                > B) TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE is going onto what TEMPLATE:CHOOSE in
                                > the same object?
                                >
                                > Nevermind, all the same problems as the first.....
                                >
                                > TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE is resolved on loading, not on the
                                > fly...... It isn't designed to do what you are attempting....
                                >
                                > Tir Gwaith
                                > LST Chimp

                                These were all set up as templates I didn't include the feats they add
                                as I didn't think they were relevant.

                                Paul G.
                              • Paul Grosse
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jan 23, 2006
                                  > > Somebody want to take a look at it and tell me what I did wrong?
                                  >
                                  > Where to begin, :/
                                  >
                                  > > Aberrant
                                  > > !PRERACE:1,Construct,Outsider,Undead
                                  >
                                  > !PRERACE:1,RACETYPE=Construct,RACETYPE=Outsider,RACETYPE=Undead
                                  >
                                  > > !PRETEMPLATE:1,Incorporeal
                                  >
                                  > !PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Incorporeal

                                  That's kinda counter-intuitive, if you are specifying a PRERACE then
                                  obviously it's a RACETYPE.

                                  Paul G.
                                • Kevin Brown
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 23, 2006
                                    >>> Somebody want to take a look at it and tell me what I did wrong?
                                    >> Where to begin, :/
                                    >>
                                    >>> Aberrant
                                    >>> !PRERACE:1,Construct,Outsider,Undead
                                    >> !PRERACE:1,RACETYPE=Construct,RACETYPE=Outsider,RACETYPE=Undead
                                    >>
                                    >>> !PRETEMPLATE:1,Incorporeal
                                    >> !PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Incorporeal
                                    >>

                                    > That's kinda counter-intuitive, if you are specifying a PRERACE then
                                    > obviously it's a RACETYPE.

                                    Not really. You could want it to be PRERACE:1,Bear (Black),Bear (Brown)
                                    Those aren't race types, but specific races.
                                  • boomer70
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jan 23, 2006
                                      --- Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

                                      > > > Somebody want to take a look at it and tell me
                                      > what I did wrong?
                                      > >
                                      > > Where to begin, :/
                                      > >
                                      > > > Aberrant
                                      > > > !PRERACE:1,Construct,Outsider,Undead

                                      !PRERACE:1,RACETYPE=Construct,RACETYPE=Outsider,RACETYPE=Undead

                                      > > > !PRETEMPLATE:1,Incorporeal
                                      > >
                                      > > !PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Incorporeal
                                      > >

                                      > That's kinda counter-intuitive, if you are
                                      > specifying a PRERACE then
                                      > obviously it's a RACETYPE.

                                      No a race is something like Elf a RACETYPE is Humanoid
                                      and a RACESUBTYPE in this case is Elf.

                                      -Aaron

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                                    • Paul Grosse
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jan 23, 2006
                                        > > what I did wrong?
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Where to begin, :/

                                        > !PRERACE:1,RACETYPE=Construct,RACETYPE=Outsider,RACETYPE=Undead

                                        > > > !PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Incorporeal
                                        > > >

                                        > > That's kinda counter-intuitive, if you are specifying a
                                        > PRERACE then
                                        > > obviously it's a RACETYPE.
                                        > >
                                        > No a race is something like Elf a RACETYPE is Humanoid and a
                                        > RACESUBTYPE in this case is Elf.
                                        >
                                        > -Aaron

                                        > around http://mail.yahoo.com

                                        Oh, okay I can follow that logic. Maybe a note should be added to the
                                        doc's so it's a bit clearer?
                                      • Eddy Anthony
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jan 23, 2006
                                          On 1/23/06 9:30 AM, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

                                          >> No a race is something like Elf a RACETYPE is Humanoid and a
                                          >> RACESUBTYPE in this case is Elf.

                                          > Oh, okay I can follow that logic. Maybe a note should be added to the
                                          > doc's so it's a bit clearer?

                                          Which part needs clarification?

                                          Tag Name: PRERACE:x,y,y
                                          Variables Used (x): Number
                                          (The number of racial properties which must be met).
                                          Variables Used (y): Text (The name of a race).
                                          Variables Used (y): TYPE=Text
                                          (The name of a race type defined by the race TYPE tag).
                                          Variables Used (y): RACETYPE=Text
                                          (The name of a race type defined by the race RACETYPE tag).
                                          Variables Used (y): RACESUBTYPE=Text
                                          (The name of a race subtype defined by the race RACESUBTYPE tag).

                                          What it does:
                                          The character must be one of the listed races or possess one of the racial
                                          properties.

                                          TYPE=<Text> can be used to check types set by the race TYPE tag.

                                          RACETYPE=<Race Type> can be used to check racial types such as Humanoid,
                                          Giant and Outsider.

                                          RACESUBTYPE=<Race Subtype> can be used to check racial subtypes such as Air,
                                          Evil and Extraplanar.

                                          The wildcard character (%) can be used to include any text, for example Elf%
                                          will include any race name which begins with Elf. Without the wildcard
                                          character the race name must match exactly.

                                          Enclosing a selection in square brackets ([ ]) excludes a race. Brackets do
                                          not work for the TYPE, RACETYPE and RACESUBTYPE properties.

                                          Examples:
                                          PRERACE:1,Dwarf,Elf,Human
                                          Character must be a "Dwarf", "Elf" or "Human".

                                          PRERACE:1,Elf%,[Elf (aquatic)]
                                          Character must be one of the "Elf" races, except "Elf (aquatic)".

                                          PRERACE:1,TYPE=Dire
                                          Characters race type must be "Dire".

                                          PRERACE:1,RACETYPE=Giant
                                          Characters race type must be "Giant".

                                          !PRERACE:1,RACETYPE=Outsider
                                          Characters race type must not be "Outsider".

                                          PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Incorporeal
                                          Character must have the "Incorporeal" subtype.

                                          PRERACE:2,RACETYPE=Undead,RACESUBTYPE=Incorporeal
                                          Character must have both a race type of "Undead" and a subtype of
                                          "Incorporeal".

                                          PRERACE:1,%
                                          This will pass if any race has been chosen but will fail if no race has been
                                          selected.

                                          !PRERACE:1,%
                                          This will pass if no race has been selected.
                                          --
                                          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                                          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jan 23, 2006

                                            > On 1/23/06 9:30 AM, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
                                            >
                                            > >> No a race is something like Elf a RACETYPE is Humanoid and a
                                            > >> RACESUBTYPE in this case is Elf.
                                            >
                                            > > Oh, okay I can follow that logic. Maybe a note should be
                                            > added to the
                                            > > doc's so it's a bit clearer?
                                            >
                                            > Which part needs clarification?

                                            <SNIP OF A GOOD EXPLANATION>

                                            Oookay, I could have sworn that it wasn't that clear when I first read
                                            it last week.

                                            NM, nothing to see here, move along.

                                            Paul G.
                                          • Bryan Hanson
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Feb 12, 2012
                                              Hey. I am trying to code up temporary bonuses and apply them ot
                                              ancarecter. I figure the best way is a template. My question is what is
                                              the differences between the temolates you see in the racial tab and those
                                              in the inventory tab as temporary changes. I was able to code up a
                                              template and have it show up in the races tab. Just not sure if that is
                                              the right way to do it.

                                            • Eric C Smith
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Feb 12, 2012
                                                Hi Folks!

                                                What version of PCGen are you running and what data sets do you have loaded?

                                                Bryan wrote:
                                                > Hey. I am trying to code up temporary bonuses and apply them ot
                                                > ancarecter. I figure the best way is a template. My question is what is
                                                > the differences between the temolates you see in the racial tab and those
                                                > in the inventory tab as temporary changes. I was able to code up a
                                                > template and have it show up in the races tab. Just not sure if that is
                                                > the right way to do it.

                                                What is the circumstance of the temp bonus? Is it coming from an item, a class feature, or a spell? Or is it some other game element that is granting the bonus? (Note, if you are working on adding something from a closed source try to keep your answers generic, otherwise just throw the info right out there! :-) )

                                                Having your template showing up in the Races/Template tab is perfectly acceptable if thats the way you wish to handle it. As to what the differences are between the templates on the R/T tab and those listed on the Inventory tab, if you review them you will find that those on the Inventory tab are a subset of those on the R/T tab. Those included on the Inventory tab have BONUS tags with the PREAPPLY tag on them. That is how we identify and make temporary bonuses available.

                                                Maredudd
                                              • Bryan Hanson
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Feb 12, 2012
                                                  On Feb 12, 2012 7:50 PM, "Eric C Smith" <maredudd@...> wrote:

                                                  > What version of PCGen are you running and what data sets do you have
                                                  loaded?

                                                  5.16.4 with 3.5 RSRD.

                                                  And thank you for your response.