Modifying descriptor of a spell

  • troy_danielsus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2004
      I'm trying to modify some spells from the book of hallowed might to
      have both good and evil versions. I'm using PCGen 5.6.0 and I've
      included
      d20ogl/malhavocpress/bookofhallowedmight/hallowedmight_spells.lst to
      get the basic spells. I have the following lines in my spell list
      file:

      Halo of Shelter.COPY=Halo of Refuge
      Halo of Refuge.MOD CLASSES:Cleric=5 DESCRIPTOR:Evil
      DESCRIPTOR:.CLEAR.Good TARGETAREA:One creature of a nongood alignment

      All of the text after the .MOD is on one line, and correctly
      tab-deliminted.

      Halo of Shelter is the good version, which is defined in the hallowed
      might list file. Halo of Refuge is the evil version, defined only in
      my file. When I load the files, there are no errors in the debug
      console. Both spells show up in the spell list, and the TARGETAREA is
      correctly modified. That is all good and well.

      However, the descriptor of both spells is Good, Evil, .CLEAR.Good. I
      can imagine a bug which causes that to appear for Halo of Refuge, but
      it's quite surprising for Halo of Shelter.

      Is this the correct syntax? The documentation seems to indicate that
      this is correct.