Re: [pcgen] Skill Lists for Prestige Classes?

  • tir_gwaith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2004
      Short answer is NOT at this time.

      But just for grins (well, and to help us develop future
      capabilities), what happens if the character then gains a level of
      Wizard, and then goes back to "PrestigeDude" - have the class skills
      expanded now to cover the Wizard skills?

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      > > Hey all. I'm trying to write a prestige class who defines his
      class
      > > skills as all the skills that were class skills for the classes he
      > > already had when he entered the prestige class. Thus, the class
      skills
      > > for a Fighter/Rogue/PrestigeDude would be the combination of the
      > > Fighter/Rogue class skills. How can I do this?
      > >
      > > Guillermo Llosa
    • Guillermo Llosa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15, 2004
        tir_gwaith wrote:

        > Short answer is NOT at this time.
        >
        > But just for grins (well, and to help us develop future
        > capabilities), what happens if the character then gains a level of
        > Wizard, and then goes back to "PrestigeDude" - have the class skills
        > expanded now to cover the Wizard skills?
        >
        > Tir Gwaith
        > LST Chimp
        >

        > > > Hey all. I'm trying to write a prestige class who defines his
        > class
        > > > skills as all the skills that were class skills for the classes he
        > > > already had when he entered the prestige class. Thus, the class
        > skills
        > > > for a Fighter/Rogue/PrestigeDude would be the combination of the
        > > > Fighter/Rogue class skills. How can I do this?
        > > >
        > > > Guillermo Llosa

        According to the text:
        "Any skill that is a class skill for one of a PrestigeDude's other
        classes is a class skill for his PrestigeDude as well."
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 15, 2004
          > tir_gwaith wrote:
          >
          > > Short answer is NOT at this time.
          > >
          > > But just for grins (well, and to help us develop future
          > capabilities),
          > > what happens if the character then gains a level of Wizard,
          > and then
          > > goes back to "PrestigeDude" - have the class skills expanded now to
          > > cover the Wizard skills?
          > >
          > > Tir Gwaith
          > > LST Chimp

          > > class
          > classes he
          > > skills
          > combination of the

          > According to the text:
          > "Any skill that is a class skill for one of a PrestigeDude's
          > other classes is a class skill for his PrestigeDude as well."

          Hmmm, but ONLY when taking PrestigeDude classes right? If he takes a
          level of wizard he still spends his skill points per the wizard skills?
        • Guillermo Llosa
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 15, 2004
            Paul Grosse wrote:

            > > tir_gwaith wrote:
            > >
            > > > Short answer is NOT at this time.
            > > >
            > > > But just for grins (well, and to help us develop future
            > > capabilities),
            > > > what happens if the character then gains a level of Wizard,
            > > and then
            > > > goes back to "PrestigeDude" - have the class skills expanded now to
            > > > cover the Wizard skills?
            > > >
            > > > Tir Gwaith
            > > > LST Chimp

            > > > class
            > > classes he
            > > > skills
            > > combination of the

            > > According to the text:
            > > "Any skill that is a class skill for one of a PrestigeDude's
            > > other classes is a class skill for his PrestigeDude as well."
            > >

            > Hmmm, but ONLY when taking PrestigeDude classes right? If he takes a
            > level of wizard he still spends his skill points per the wizard skills?

            Right, normal wizard levels remain unaffected.