Re: [pcgen] Skill Lists for Prestige Classes?

  • Guillermo Llosa
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 14, 2004
      Guillermo Llosa wrote:

      > Hey all. I'm trying to write a prestige class who defines his class
      > skills as all the skills that were class skills for the classes he
      > already had when he entered the prestige class. Thus, the class skills
      > for a Fighter/Rogue/PrestigeDude would be the combination of the
      > Fighter/Rogue class skills. How can I do this?
      >
      > Guillermo Llosa

      > PCGen's FAQ:
      >

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129k37c0r/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1089936928/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>

    • tir_gwaith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15, 2004
        Short answer is NOT at this time.

        But just for grins (well, and to help us develop future
        capabilities), what happens if the character then gains a level of
        Wizard, and then goes back to "PrestigeDude" - have the class skills
        expanded now to cover the Wizard skills?

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > > Hey all. I'm trying to write a prestige class who defines his
        class
        > > skills as all the skills that were class skills for the classes he
        > > already had when he entered the prestige class. Thus, the class
        skills
        > > for a Fighter/Rogue/PrestigeDude would be the combination of the
        > > Fighter/Rogue class skills. How can I do this?
        > >
        > > Guillermo Llosa
      • Guillermo Llosa
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 15, 2004
          tir_gwaith wrote:

          > Short answer is NOT at this time.
          >
          > But just for grins (well, and to help us develop future
          > capabilities), what happens if the character then gains a level of
          > Wizard, and then goes back to "PrestigeDude" - have the class skills
          > expanded now to cover the Wizard skills?
          >
          > Tir Gwaith
          > LST Chimp
          >

          > > > Hey all. I'm trying to write a prestige class who defines his
          > class
          > > > skills as all the skills that were class skills for the classes he
          > > > already had when he entered the prestige class. Thus, the class
          > skills
          > > > for a Fighter/Rogue/PrestigeDude would be the combination of the
          > > > Fighter/Rogue class skills. How can I do this?
          > > >
          > > > Guillermo Llosa

          According to the text:
          "Any skill that is a class skill for one of a PrestigeDude's other
          classes is a class skill for his PrestigeDude as well."
        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 15, 2004
            > tir_gwaith wrote:
            >
            > > Short answer is NOT at this time.
            > >
            > > But just for grins (well, and to help us develop future
            > capabilities),
            > > what happens if the character then gains a level of Wizard,
            > and then
            > > goes back to "PrestigeDude" - have the class skills expanded now to
            > > cover the Wizard skills?
            > >
            > > Tir Gwaith
            > > LST Chimp

            > > class
            > classes he
            > > skills
            > combination of the

            > According to the text:
            > "Any skill that is a class skill for one of a PrestigeDude's
            > other classes is a class skill for his PrestigeDude as well."

            Hmmm, but ONLY when taking PrestigeDude classes right? If he takes a
            level of wizard he still spends his skill points per the wizard skills?
          • Guillermo Llosa
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 15, 2004
              Paul Grosse wrote:

              > > tir_gwaith wrote:
              > >
              > > > Short answer is NOT at this time.
              > > >
              > > > But just for grins (well, and to help us develop future
              > > capabilities),
              > > > what happens if the character then gains a level of Wizard,
              > > and then
              > > > goes back to "PrestigeDude" - have the class skills expanded now to
              > > > cover the Wizard skills?
              > > >
              > > > Tir Gwaith
              > > > LST Chimp

              > > > class
              > > classes he
              > > > skills
              > > combination of the

              > > According to the text:
              > > "Any skill that is a class skill for one of a PrestigeDude's
              > > other classes is a class skill for his PrestigeDude as well."
              > >

              > Hmmm, but ONLY when taking PrestigeDude classes right? If he takes a
              > level of wizard he still spends his skill points per the wizard skills?

              Right, normal wizard levels remain unaffected.