Re: [pcgen] PRExxx problem

  • Brass Tilde
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2004
      Cross-posted from main PCGen group

      So what *should* the PRESKILLTOT tag to do what I want look like?

      What was in the entry before I started mucking with it was
      "PRESKILLTOT:1,TYPE.Perform=9", but that doesn't work at all, though I
      recall it working in 5.6. In fact, it seems to short out the *other*
      prereq, "PREVARGTEQ:BardicMusicLevel,6", which works if it's the only
      prereq.

      Is the original PRESKILLTOT tag wrong? Should it just be
      "PRESKILLTOT:Type.Perform=9"?
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2004
        > > > Since there are multiple sub-types for the perform skill in 3.5,
        will
        > the
        > > > above PRESKILL be met if the character has a Perform (Act) of 4
        ranks
        > and a
        > > > Perform (Comedy) of 5?
        > >
        > > Nope, all the perform subskills are TYPE=Perform so
        > > PRESKILL:1,TYPE.Perform=9 is checking to see if any one of them is
        9 or
        > > better, but it doesn't add them all up.
        >
        > So what *should* the PRESKILLTOT tag to do what I want look like?
        >
        > What was in the entry before I started mucking with it was
        > "PRESKILLTOT:1,TYPE.Perform=9", but that doesn't work at all, though I
        > recall it working in 5.6. In fact, it seems to short out the *other*
        > prereq, "PREVARGTEQ:BardicMusicLevel,6", which works if it's the only
        > prereq.
        >
        > Is the original PRESKILLTOT tag wrong? Should it just be
        > "PRESKILLTOT:Type.Perform=9"?

        Without the '1,' would be old-style PRExxx tag.

        Perhaps the PRESKILLTOT tag never got updated but the person coding
        the docs and lst files thought it either had been or was going to be
        shortly? Or maybe the old-style tag got put back in accidently -
        wouldn't be the first time.