renaming Common

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2 7:27 PM
      Is there a way to rename common for a module? For instance, if I
      would say in my campaign world, everyone speaks English, how would I
      get rid of Common and have English show up?

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD
    • Eric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2 8:05 PM
        At 22:27 2004.07.02, you wrote:
        >From: "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
        >
        >Is there a way to rename common for a module? For instance, if I
        >would say in my campaign world, everyone speaks English, how would I
        >get rid of Common and have English show up?
        >
        >Paul W. King
        >TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

        Find and replace comes to mind. Ultraedit has a nice global find and replace but men should be able to do it with line of shell script with either awk or perl :-).

        Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
        >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3 2:20 AM
          So, you're saying that there isn't a way, in the dataset, to rename Common
          to XXXX?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3 6:21 AM
            At 05:20 2004.07.03, Paul W. King wrote:
            >From: "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
            >
            >So, you're saying that there isn't a way, in the dataset, to rename Common
            >to XXXX?
            >
            >Paul W. King
            >TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

            Yea, sorry, I should have been clearer. There is only minimal support for the language object. Not even sure if .MOD or .FORGET works for those.

            I don't think any of the global tags work there, including OUTPUTNAME which would have done what you are looking for I think (rename the language displayed).

            Hope that helps.

            P.S. I might be wrong though (it happens often). You might want to test .MOD, .COPY=, .FORGET and OUTPUTNAME and prove me wrong.