Re: How to make Turn Undead depend on deity chosen?

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2002
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "allencohn" <allen@c...> wrote:
      > * I'm having trouble understanding the original tag ("ADD:SPECIAL
      > (Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
      > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead") using the
      > documentation. Is the text "Rebuke Undead" a key word, a match to
      > some other entry in a different lst file, or any text? Same
      question
      > for the first time "Turn Undead" shows up. And finally same
      question
      > for the second time "Turn Undead" shows up.
      >
      > * I don't understand the character string, "%/day~Turn Undead".
      Would
      > someone please explain what that string achieves? Which are the key
      > words? Which are the operators? Which are the variables?

      ADD:SPECIAL() will pop up a chooser with a list of all items inside
      the parens. In this case, depending on the character's alignment,
      he'll see "Rebuke Undead", "Turn Undead", or both available in the
      list.

      The "%/day~Turn Undead" will -- if I'm reading this correctly --
      show "%/day" on the line (replaced by a Turn Undead variable?) if the
      item selected is "Turn Undead".

      So, if that's how it DOES work, then if the character takes Rebuke
      Undead, the SA listed will be "Rebuke Undead". If he takes Turn
      Undead, then it'll be "Turn Undead %/day" (with % being the value of
      Turn Undead?).

      I need some confirmation from Tir or someone else on this, but I
      THINK that's how it goes.

      -Ian