RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Rakshasa

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 14 , May 13, 2004
      Or does it have to have the Sorcerer class for the bonus to apply to?

      > What about using a
      >
      > BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Sorcerer|7
      >
      > On the race line? Wouldn't that make the race itself a 7'th
      > level sorcerer?
      >

      > > In the races.lst
      > > MONSTERCLASS:Rakasha:x (x=number of levels)
      > >
      > > in a class.lst
      > > CLASS:Rakasha
      > > (other class info like HD, max levels, etc)
      > > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(Sorcerer)1
      > > 2 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
      > > 3 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
      > > etc.
      > >
      > > Barak

      > line. But
      > > That's the
      > > messed up, but

      > > > Nope, then it's not useable in the Race lines. Let me do
      > some more
      > > > thinking :(

    • andargor
      Message 2 of 14 , May 13, 2004
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Grant"
        <grantedw@m...> wrote:

        > Quote RSRD
        > —Spells: A rakshasa character casts spells as a 7th-level sorcerer.
        > If the character takes additional levels of sorcerer, these levels
        > stack with the rakshasa's base spellcasting ability for spells
        known,
        > spells per day, and other effects dependent on caster level. A
        > rakshasa character likewise uses the sum of its

        > Edward Grant
        > masterNone@h...

        This won't help you in the short term, but I believe Tir and Doug are
        working on this. I sent them a list of all RSRD creatures with caster
        levels, and I believe they are reviweing the monster files to put
        them in.

        Andargor
      • Edward Grant
        Message 3 of 14 , May 13, 2004
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
          > In the races.lst
          > MONSTERCLASS:Rakasha:x (x=number of levels)
          >
          > in a class.lst
          > CLASS:Rakasha
          > (other class info like HD, max levels, etc)
          > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(Sorcerer)1
          > 2 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
          > 3 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
          > etc.

          Ok I did this and it works correctly and even if I add a level of
          sorcer it count the character as an 8 level sorcer.

          Edward Grant
          Message 4 of 14 , May 14, 2004
            1) All races (except true dragons) with spellcasting ability (like the
            Rakshasa) now have the abilities coded into them in the CVS tree. See
            plambert's autobuild for data, and it will work with 5.7.1.

            Tracker [ 950972 ] [RSRD] monsters missing spellcasting abilities. Link
            below for a list of all the monsters that I hit. If I missed any, let Doug
            or me know:
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=417816&aid=950972&group_id
            =36698

            2) BONUS:CASTERLEVEL requires a defined class level to add onto, hence
            Barak's point of ADD:SPELLCASTER() which adds a 0 level of the defined
            class, and then bumps Spellcaster level up 1. It is how the RSRD files
            currently have them.

            3) Using anything other than BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|<classname>|1 has consitantly
            caused problems in the past. I didn't test it when writing up the RSRD
            creatures last week, cause I really didn't want to get into serious code-bug
            hunt mode for 5.6.... I used totally |1, and used the same tag twice where
            needed (one or two monsters have more 'caster levels' than HD.) I've also
            noticed problems in the past putting BONUS:CASTERLEVEL in any other object
            than a class level line.

            All of my tests were before the BONUS code overhaul, so they may work now,
            but I just haven't gotten around to testing...

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp

            > What about using a
            >
            > BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Sorcerer|7
            >
            > On the race line? Wouldn't that make the race itself a 7'th level
            > sorcerer?
            >

            > > In the races.lst
            > > MONSTERCLASS:Rakasha:x (x=number of levels)
            > >
            > > in a class.lst
            > > CLASS:Rakasha
            > > (other class info like HD, max levels, etc)
            > > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(Sorcerer)1
            > > 2 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
            > > 3 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1
            > > etc.
            > >
            > > Barak
          • Chris
            Message 5 of 14 , May 14, 2004
              > 3) Using anything other than BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|<classname>|1 has

              AFAIK, the BONUS:CASTERLEVEL tag doesn't increment anything in the way
              of spell progression... it only affects the tags DESC, RANGE, TARGET
              and DURATION that use (CASTERLEVEL) in them.

              It doesn't award more spells known or castable slots that I've noticed.

              Barak
              Message 6 of 14 , May 14, 2004
                Ok, I feel foolish.. BONUS:PCLEVEL is what I meant to say. That's what I
                get for sending it before going to bed. Interesting that Y! didn't get
                around to passing it along until this morning...

                At least when I did the RSRD coding, I did it correctly. :p

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp

                > > 3) Using anything other than BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|<classname>|1 has
                >

                > AFAIK, the BONUS:CASTERLEVEL tag doesn't increment anything in the way
                > of spell progression... it only affects the tags DESC, RANGE, TARGET
                > and DURATION that use (CASTERLEVEL) in them.
                >
                > It doesn't award more spells known or castable slots that I've noticed.
                >
                > Barak

              • Chris
                Message 7 of 14 , May 14, 2004
                  > Ok, I feel foolish.. BONUS:PCLEVEL is what I meant to say. That's

                  I figured as much. :)

                  > At least when I did the RSRD coding, I did it correctly. :p

                  That's where it really counts IMO.

                  Barak
                • andargor
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 14, 2004
                    --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-
                    gwaith@l...> wrote:
                    > Ok, I feel foolish.. BONUS:PCLEVEL is what I meant to say. That's
                    what I

                    I still think you're not human.

                    ;)

                    Andargor