Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] List File Primer?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10 6:43 PM
      psyco_path_industries scribed:

      > Hi. I'm new here and to PCGen in general. I need to create a Few
      > domains and a template or 2.
      >
      > Instead of posting annoying noob questions is there a File somewhere
      > that I can read to understand editing and creating list files?
      >
      > OR, Can someone tell me how I can help make the Sword and sorcery
      > stuff actually integrated in the file?
      >
      > Thank you in advance. I'm glad to be here.
      >
      > -Rich

      Hi Rich
      A good place to start is the documentation that comes with the program,
      look for them in the docs folder or online at the FAQ link below.

      There is another yahoo group set up to teach LST, you can find that at
      http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/LSTfileclass/

      This group is a good place to ask specific how to questions if you keep in
      mind a few things. First try and ask generic questions like how do I make a
      feat that does this and this instead of "how do I make a feat from page 33
      of book X". That second request will get you a lecture. PCGen only releases
      OGL content and we don't discuss closed content on any of the groups. Second
      keep in mind that everyone here is a volunteer so answers may come slowly or
      not at all, that¹s just how it is.

      Best of luck!
      --
      ~ Eddy