Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] updating template from v300 to v412

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2002
      =====
            The documentation states that the damage bonus entries should
      be one or more of the following:

            BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE|TYPE=MELEE|1
            BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE|TYPE=PIERCING|1
            BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE|TYPE=BLUDGEONING|1
            BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE|TYPE=RANGED|1
            BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE|TYPE=UNARMED|1

            However I was unable to get any bonus what so ever with the
      above.  Instead I removed the "COMBAT" from two of those lines and it
      worked just fine:

            BONUS:DAMAGE|TYPE=MELEE|1
            BONUS:DAMAGE|TYPE=RANGED|1

            Except, that is, for UNARMED Damage ... no combination seemed
      to give me the +1 to that.  All I could get was the STR bonus.  Any
      thoughts?

      -----
      Format should be:  should be BONUS:DAMAGE|TYPE=xxx|#|PRExxx|TYPE=yyy

      TYPE=xxx is the types of weapons it should effect.
      TYPE=yyy is the TYPE of bonus being applied.

      Unarmed, that is a special thing.  I need to look that up.  Maybe we can enhance that with the new critter attacks code...
      =====
            Also, did I read something in the past day or so about shield
      AC values not being included in AC totals with v412?  Because it's not
      showing up with this character.

      ------
      No - it's a TYPE=Armor for calcing Bonus types.  It is included in the Armor bonus, at least for the moment.   The Output Chimp and I have an idea on that, so hopefully we'll see it back soon.

      Chief LST Chimp
      Strange Monkey
      MM Race Dragon