Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Camp Skill/SA/Feat

  • Ed Beckwith
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 21, 2004
      Ok, am I reading this correctly, you get the highest of your Int, Wis, or
      Con, and the highest of your Heal, Survival, and Knowledge(nature) skills?

      As for the second part, make it useable untrained, and Exclusive. Since it's
      not on their class skill list and it is exclusive, they cant put ranks into
      it...

      Does (INTMAXWIS)MAXCON work?
    • James Surles
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 21, 2004
        I must have done a decent job of explaining it then, because you are
        indeed reading it correctly. :)

        Making it both untrained and exclusive knocks it off the list of
        skills the character can use. Keeping it non-exclusive is fine,
        however, since it's just for personal use and I'm not going to go
        buying ranks in it.

        Getting the max of the Int, Wis, and Con isn't the problem. What I
        can't figure out is how to get the total bonus from other skills.

        What I have so far:
        Camp
        USEUNTRAINED:YES
        EXCLUSIVE:NO
        BONUS:SKILL|Camp|CampScore
        DEFINE:CampScore|0
        BONUS:VAR|CampScore|(IntMAXCon)MAXWis

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beckwith"
        <Sardonicus@S...> wrote:
        > Ok, am I reading this correctly, you get the highest of your Int,
        Wis, or
        > Con, and the highest of your Heal, Survival, and Knowledge(nature)
        skills?

        > As for the second part, make it useable untrained, and Exclusive.
        Since it's
        > not on their class skill list and it is exclusive, they cant put
        ranks into
        > it...
        >

        > Does (INTMAXWIS)MAXCON work?
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 21, 2004
          > Camp
          > USEUNTRAINED:YES
          > EXCLUSIVE:NO
          > BONUS:SKILL|Camp|CampScore
          > DEFINE:CampScore|0
          > BONUS:VAR|CampScore|(IntMAXCon)MAXWis

          BONUS:VAR|CampScore|(SKILL.Healing.TOTALMAXSKILL.Survival.TOTAL)MAXSKILL.Kno
          wledge (Nature).TOTAL

          I think that should do the trick.

          Barak
          ~PCGen BoD
          ~OS Silverback

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 21, 2004
            Thanks! That was just the medicine I needed.

            Thought about it (and conferred with the DM), and we figured that
            the number of ranks bought in each skill would be more suitable, but
            it wasn't hard to figure out to replace TOTAL with RANK. Works like
            a charm. (The correct total doesn't show up within PCGen, but it
            shows up in the output file.)

            Again, thanks.

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 21, 2004
              No problem.

              I was going to suggest that I thought rank would be better, but some people
              are touchy about suggestions about their house rules. :p

              The problem with the total is a GUI problem.. For some reason it doesn't
              update the skill unless you have ranks in it (or output it and then go back
              and look, that sometimes seems to work).

              Anyway, glad it worked for ya.

              Barak
              ~PCGen BoD
              ~OS Silverback

            • James Surles
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 23, 2004
                Something that's been bugging me for the past couple of days is where
                to find documentation for things like SKILL.name.RANK? I've gone
                through the docs several times, and can't find anything. Am I
                missing it?

                If I'm not missing it, where in the source code can I find it? I'm
                not averse to sifting through the code, but the only thing that I can
                find that comes close is in the ExportHandler.java file.

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
                > No problem.
                >
                > I was going to suggest that I thought rank would be better, but
                some people
                > are touchy about suggestions about their house rules. :p
                >
                > The problem with the total is a GUI problem.. For some reason it
                doesn't
                > update the skill unless you have ranks in it (or output it and then
                go back
                > and look, that sometimes seems to work).
                >
                > Anyway, glad it worked for ya.
                >
                > Barak
                > ~PCGen BoD
                > ~OS Silverback
              • Paul Grosse
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 23, 2004
                  Looking at the other lst files, specifically the SRD35 set is the best
                  way to learn. Other than that it's trial and error, and asking for
                  advice most of the time :)

                  > Something that's been bugging me for the past couple of days
                  > is where to find documentation for things like
                  > SKILL.name.RANK? I've gone through the docs several times,
                  > and can't find anything. Am I missing it?
                  >
                  > If I'm not missing it, where in the source code can I find
                  > it? I'm not averse to sifting through the code, but the only
                  > thing that I can find that comes close is in the
                  > ExportHandler.java file.
                  >
                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
                  > > No problem.
                  > >
                  > > I was going to suggest that I thought rank would be better, but
                  > some people
                  > > are touchy about suggestions about their house rules. :p
                  > >
                  > > The problem with the total is a GUI problem.. For some reason it
                  > doesn't
                  > > update the skill unless you have ranks in it (or output it and then
                  > go back
                  > > and look, that sometimes seems to work).
                  > >
                  > > Anyway, glad it worked for ya.
                  > >
                  > > Barak
                  > > ~PCGen BoD
                  > > ~OS Silverback
                • Ed Beckwith
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 23, 2004
                    I experienced the same thing that James did... what would it take to put the
                    Operators into a portion of the help file... things like STRMAXDEX or
                    SKILL.Cheesefu.RANK, etc...

                    Ed

                    > Looking at the other lst files, specifically the SRD35 set is the best
                    > way to learn. Other than that it's trial and error, and asking for
                    > advice most of the time :)
                    >

                    > > Something that's been bugging me for the past couple of days
                    > > is where to find documentation for things like
                    > > SKILL.name.RANK? I've gone through the docs several times,
                    > > and can't find anything. Am I missing it?
                    > >
                    > > If I'm not missing it, where in the source code can I find
                    > > it? I'm not averse to sifting through the code, but the only
                    > > thing that I can find that comes close is in the
                    > > ExportHandler.java file.
                    > >
                    > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
                    > > > No problem.
                    > > >
                    > > > I was going to suggest that I thought rank would be better, but
                    > > some people
                    > > > are touchy about suggestions about their house rules. :p
                    > > >
                    > > > The problem with the total is a GUI problem.. For some reason it
                    > > doesn't
                    > > > update the skill unless you have ranks in it (or output it and then
                    > > go back
                    > > > and look, that sometimes seems to work).
                    > > >
                    > > > Anyway, glad it worked for ya.
                    > > >
                    > > > Barak
                    > > > ~PCGen BoD
                    > > > ~OS Silverback
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Chris
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 23, 2004
                      Check in the Output Sheet docs... it's actually an OS token. (Hence
                      why you find it in exporthandler :p).

                      Barak