Adding spells to a class list via feat

  • brainface_mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2004
      There's this feat I've got that adds spells to the sorcerer's spell
      list. I can't get this to work for the life of me. Here's what I've
      tried so far:

      in feat:
      SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|Lightning Bolt
      ADD:SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|Cure Light Wounds

      in spell_mod.lst
      Aid.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=2[PREFEAT:1,(Feat Name)]

      none of the above has any effect. there are no errors throne, either
      (and it's not that the files aren't loading)

      however:
      Aid.MOD CLASSES:ALL=2[PREFEAT:1,(Feat Name)]
      and (in feat)
      SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|SPELLCASTER.Arcane=1|Aid

      both work (but they add the spell to EVERY class, not just sorcerer)

      So, does anyone know a way to do this that works? Has anyone had
      these tags work right? (that is, have I got the syntax wrong?)

      I'm working with a 5.7.1 alpha, but I haven't got this to work in 5.6
      and a few versions before that either...
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2004
        The syntax you want is SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|xxx

        The Lightning Bolt example prob. doesn't work because Lightning Bolt is
        already on the Sorcerer spell list (at level 3)..... Never tested that
        example. :p

        I'm not sure why the Aid.MOD with CLASSES:Sorcerer=1[] tag didn't work.
        That looks like it should.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • brainface_mike
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2004
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-
          gwaith@l...> wrote:
          > The syntax you want is SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|xxx
          > [snip]
          > Tir Gwaith
          > LST Chimp

          pretty much what I did. I made up an .pcc file with some test
          feats/spell mods and uploaded it to pcgen-files-need help with

          It looks like anything that adds a spell to a specific class just
          doesn't work? (anything that *I've* tried, at least) I was hoping
          someone might think of another workaround...

          Also, modding a spell to use CLASSES=ALL[] seems to ignore the
          prerequisite... :/ i

          eh... I'm putting up a bug report as soon as I can get a sourceforge
          ID working ;)