Add favored class

  • blithwyn
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 15, 2004
      Is there a way to add a favored class from a feat?

      So far I have tried FAVOREDCLASS:MyClass and FAVCLASS:MyClass which
      didn't work. I also tried putting FAVOREDCLASS:MyClass in a template
      but I can't seem to find a way to add a template from a feat. Not
      possible?

      /Ratheof Blithwyn
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 15, 2004
        > Is there a way to add a favored class from a feat?

        From the docs, FAVOREDCLASS (
        http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/listfilepages/datafilestag
        pages/datafilestemplates.html#FAVOREDCLASS ) can be added via a
        template. So, your feat will need to call a template (
        http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/listfilepages/globalfilest
        agpages/globalfilesother.html#TEMPLATEADDCHOICE ) (this is a global
        tag), and that template can add the favored class.

        Paul W. King
      • blithwyn
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 15, 2004
          Except that I tried using TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:MyTemplate in a feat
          and that doesn't work. (I should have mentioned that;)

          Has anyone managed to add a template from a feat?

          Ratheof Blithwyn

          <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
          > > Is there a way to add a favored class from a feat?
          >
          > From the docs, FAVOREDCLASS (

          http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/listfilepages/datafilesta
          > pages/datafilestemplates.html#FAVOREDCLASS ) can be added via a
          > template. So, your feat will need to call a template (

          http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/listfilepages/globalfiles
          > agpages/globalfilesother.html#TEMPLATEADDCHOICE ) (this is a
          global
          > tag), and that template can add the favored class.
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 15, 2004
            TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:Template 1|Template 2|Template 3

            Or just TEMPLATE:Template if there's no choice.

            Barak
            ~PCGen BoD
            ~OS Silverback

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 15, 2004
              ADDCHOICE parameter of TEMPLATE tag only works in a .MOD situation. So it
              will only work in an object that already has a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE statement,
              where it will add the choices after it onto the TEMPLATE:CHOOSE tag... I
              hope that's in the docs..

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp

              > Except that I tried using TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE:MyTemplate in a feat
              > and that doesn't work. (I should have mentioned that;)
              >
              > Has anyone managed to add a template from a feat?
              >
              > Ratheof Blithwyn
            • blithwyn
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 15, 2004
                I tried both and all I get is a
                Unknown tag 'TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:The Template' in file:/D:/Tools/...
                when I load the files. I used 5.6RC2, do I need a newer one maybe?

                Is there an example somewhere?

                Ratheof Blithwyn

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
                > TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:Template 1|Template 2|Template 3
                >
                > Or just TEMPLATE:Template if there's no choice.
                >
                > Barak
                > ~PCGen BoD
                > ~OS Silverback

              • Barak
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 16, 2004
                  Hmmm. I thought all the TEMPLATE tags were global, but it's starting to
                  appear that they aren't. :(

                  I used TEMPLATE and TEMPLATE:CHOOSE: in the Dragon Disciple class in the
                  RSRD, which calls a template from the class and then more templates from
                  within that first template, but that's not a feat...

                  Sorry 'bout that. I guess I should wait to get home from work and test my
                  suggestions first. :p

                  Barak
                  ~PCGen BoD
                  ~OS Silverback

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 16, 2004
                    Last I heard, TEMPLATE was good from Races, Templates, and Class Level
                    lines.... It got added to class level lines for the Monk Outsider feat,
                    IIRC. :)

                    I had wanted it global, but it was struck down or put off at one time...

                    Tir Gwaith
                    LST Chimp