Re: [bump] [PCGenListFileHelp] CLASS and SUBCLASS

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 6 11:49 AM
      > Is this progressive or stacking? If I take 2 levels in Akido
      > Master and then take a level in Karate Master, do I get the
      > bonuses for a 3rd level master, or the bonuses for a 2nd level
      > Akido and a 1st level Karate? If it stacks it'll be very
      > problematical. If it doesn't, cool. :p

      Its the 2nd one. In your example, you'd have an Aikido mastery and
      Aikido feat as 2nd level Aikido Master and a Karate mastery as a 1st
      level Karate Master.

      > Ok. Easy enough (I think). Following are what I'd try... classes
      > then feats.

      Looking at your example, it would seem that you can't take multiple
      classes. If you take Aikido Master, MasterType is set to 1. If you
      then take Karate Master, MasterType goes up to 3 (1+2), and you'd
      get a different set of Mastery.

      Paul W. King
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 6 11:53 AM
        > Just for future reference Psion uses SUBCLASSes also.

        *smacks head against wall*

        Boy! Do I now feel stupid. I'm going to take some advil now...I
        have a headache. :P
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 6 11:56 AM
          > Could create a basic class (with the BAB, FRW, etc) then put the
          > rest of the stuff into PCGen templates (which are not exactly the
          > same as DnD templates) Apply the skill, qualify for feats etc,
          > thru the template (PRETEMPLATE) or just apply the feats and
          > mastery stuff from the template itself. At, what is it, every odd
          > level, give the character a TEMPLATE choice and base every else
          > off of that choice.

          Would that work with being a multiple master? You could,
          conceivably, be an Aikido Master 1, Karate Master 1 and Jujitsu
          Master 1.

          Paul W. King
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 6 12:02 PM
            > From: Paul W. King [mailto:paulking.rhochi@...]

            > Looking at your example, it would seem that you can't take multiple
            > classes. If you take Aikido Master, MasterType is set to 1. If you
            > then take Karate Master, MasterType goes up to 3 (1+2), and you'd
            > get a different set of Mastery.

            Doh... You're right. You'd have to define and test for a separate variable
            for each one. Course then if you have two of them, you'll be offered feats
            from both of them when the chooser pops. Ugh.

            Why don't you do something simple for a change???? :p

            Barak
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 6 12:07 PM
              Because none of the rules are simple? :P

              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 6 6:23 PM
                In Legends of Excalibur, to become a Knight, you need a Nobility (I made it
                a new stat) of 41 or higher. Now, there are ex-Knights, but that only
                happens if your Nobility drops below 20. Is there a way to code this up? I
                know Paladins become ex-Paladins if they stop being LG, but this ex class
                has a bit more leeway.

                Paul W. King
              • Paul W. King
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 6 8:47 PM
                  Legends of Excalibur has a feat called Innate Spell which reduces the spell
                  point cost of a particular spell its applied to. Now, the Enchantress PrC
                  grants the Innate Spell feat, but it can only be applied to a limited number
                  of spells.

                  From the docs, CHOOSE:SPELLLIST appears to be what I need for the general
                  case. Is there a way to utilize the general feat for the Enchatress'
                  specific application of it, or would it be easier to make a 2nd feat?

                  Paul W. King
                • taluroniscandar
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 8 5:53 AM
                    <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
                    > > Could create a basic class (with the BAB, FRW, etc) then put the
                    > > rest of the stuff into PCGen templates (which are not exactly the
                    > > same as DnD templates) Apply the skill, qualify for feats etc,
                    > > thru the template (PRETEMPLATE) or just apply the feats and
                    > > mastery stuff from the template itself. At, what is it, every odd
                    > > level, give the character a TEMPLATE choice and base every else
                    > > off of that choice.
                    >
                    > Would that work with being a multiple master? You could,
                    > conceivably, be an Aikido Master 1, Karate Master 1 and Jujitsu
                    > Master 1.

                    I believe you can place level-based, er, 'stuff' in templates but it
                    likely go off TL or CL rather than level since you got the template.

                    Someone else was recently asking about 'level-since you got
                    something'. I think it ended up a FReq.