RE: [bump] [PCGenListFileHelp] CLASS and SUBCLASS

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 6, 2004

      Is this progressive or stacking? If I take 2 levels in Akido Master and
      then take a level in Karate Master, do I get the bonuses for a 3rd level
      master, or the bonuses for a 2nd level Akido and a 1st level Karate? If it
      stacks it'll be very problematical. If it doesn't, cool. :p

      > So, if you choose Aikido, then you must choose the Aikido
      > Masteries and the Aikido bonus feats. There is nothing that
      > forbids you to pick up Karate, but then for the Karate
      > Master, you must choose Karate Masteries and Karate bonus feats.

      Ok. Easy enough (I think). Following are what I'd try... classes then
      feats.

      **********************
      Master Class (Do Not Take)
      BAB F/R/W etc.
      1) ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Mastery)
      2) ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Bonus)

      Master Class (Do Not Take).COPY=Akido Master
      1 DEFINE:MasterType|0 BONUS:VAR|MasterType|1

      Master Class (Do Not Take).COPY=Karate Master
      1 DEFINE:MasterType|0 BONUS:VAR|MasterType|2
      ***********************
      Akido Smash
      TYPE:Mastery
      PREVAREQ:MasterType,1
      Stuff

      Akido Dodge
      TYPE:Mastery
      PREVAREQ:MasterType,1
      Stuff

      Karate Kick
      TYPE:Mastery
      PREVAREQ:MasterType,2
      Stuff

      Karate Chop
      TYPE:Mastery
      PREVAREQ:MasterType,2
      Stuff

      > That make a bit more sense? Or was I getting confused on your
      > explanation and just muddy the waters some more?

      I think you were confused (or maybe I was confusing :p). See above.

      Barak

      PS:Let me know if it works... That was all off the top of my head and from
      the docs.
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 6, 2004
        > But would making them subclasses work? I just tried taking more
        than 1 Wiz
        > specialization (the only use of SUBCLASS I'm aware of) and couldn't.

        Just for future reference Psion uses SUBCLASSes also.
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 6, 2004
          <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
          > Here, let me use an actual base class, that isn't used.
          >
          > Martial Arts Master
          > As I said previously, BAB, F/R/W, Rep and Def don't change based on the
          > style chosen
          > Now, at every odd level you get a Mastery and every even a bonus feat.
          > These are chosen from the list dependent on the style your mastering.
          >
          > So, if you choose Aikido, then you must choose the Aikido Masteries
          and the
          > Aikido bonus feats. There is nothing that forbids you to pick up
          Karate,
          > but then for the Karate Master, you must choose Karate Masteries and
          Karate
          > bonus feats.
          >
          > That make a bit more sense? Or was I getting confused on your
          explanation
          > and just muddy the waters some more?

          Could create a basic class (with the BAB, FRW, etc) then put the rest
          of the stuff into PCGen templates (which are not exactly the same as
          DnD templates) Apply the skill, qualify for feats etc, thru the
          template (PRETEMPLATE) or just apply the feats and mastery stuff from
          the template itself. At, what is it, every odd level, give the
          character a TEMPLATE choice and base every else off of that choice.
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 6, 2004
            > Is this progressive or stacking? If I take 2 levels in Akido
            > Master and then take a level in Karate Master, do I get the
            > bonuses for a 3rd level master, or the bonuses for a 2nd level
            > Akido and a 1st level Karate? If it stacks it'll be very
            > problematical. If it doesn't, cool. :p

            Its the 2nd one. In your example, you'd have an Aikido mastery and
            Aikido feat as 2nd level Aikido Master and a Karate mastery as a 1st
            level Karate Master.

            > Ok. Easy enough (I think). Following are what I'd try... classes
            > then feats.

            Looking at your example, it would seem that you can't take multiple
            classes. If you take Aikido Master, MasterType is set to 1. If you
            then take Karate Master, MasterType goes up to 3 (1+2), and you'd
            get a different set of Mastery.

            Paul W. King
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 6, 2004
              > Just for future reference Psion uses SUBCLASSes also.

              *smacks head against wall*

              Boy! Do I now feel stupid. I'm going to take some advil now...I
              have a headache. :P
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 6, 2004
                > Could create a basic class (with the BAB, FRW, etc) then put the
                > rest of the stuff into PCGen templates (which are not exactly the
                > same as DnD templates) Apply the skill, qualify for feats etc,
                > thru the template (PRETEMPLATE) or just apply the feats and
                > mastery stuff from the template itself. At, what is it, every odd
                > level, give the character a TEMPLATE choice and base every else
                > off of that choice.

                Would that work with being a multiple master? You could,
                conceivably, be an Aikido Master 1, Karate Master 1 and Jujitsu
                Master 1.

                Paul W. King
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 6, 2004

                  Doh... You're right. You'd have to define and test for a separate variable
                  for each one. Course then if you have two of them, you'll be offered feats
                  from both of them when the chooser pops. Ugh.

                  Why don't you do something simple for a change???? :p

                  Barak
                • Paul W. King
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 6, 2004
                    Because none of the rules are simple? :P

                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 6, 2004
                      In Legends of Excalibur, to become a Knight, you need a Nobility (I made it
                      a new stat) of 41 or higher. Now, there are ex-Knights, but that only
                      happens if your Nobility drops below 20. Is there a way to code this up? I
                      know Paladins become ex-Paladins if they stop being LG, but this ex class
                      has a bit more leeway.

                      Paul W. King
                    • Paul W. King
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 6, 2004
                        Legends of Excalibur has a feat called Innate Spell which reduces the spell
                        point cost of a particular spell its applied to. Now, the Enchantress PrC
                        grants the Innate Spell feat, but it can only be applied to a limited number
                        of spells.

                        From the docs, CHOOSE:SPELLLIST appears to be what I need for the general
                        case. Is there a way to utilize the general feat for the Enchatress'
                        specific application of it, or would it be easier to make a 2nd feat?

                        Paul W. King
                      • taluroniscandar
                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 8, 2004
                          <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
                          > > Could create a basic class (with the BAB, FRW, etc) then put the
                          > > rest of the stuff into PCGen templates (which are not exactly the
                          > > same as DnD templates) Apply the skill, qualify for feats etc,
                          > > thru the template (PRETEMPLATE) or just apply the feats and
                          > > mastery stuff from the template itself. At, what is it, every odd
                          > > level, give the character a TEMPLATE choice and base every else
                          > > off of that choice.
                          >
                          > Would that work with being a multiple master? You could,
                          > conceivably, be an Aikido Master 1, Karate Master 1 and Jujitsu
                          > Master 1.

                          I believe you can place level-based, er, 'stuff' in templates but it
                          likely go off TL or CL rather than level since you got the template.

                          Someone else was recently asking about 'level-since you got
                          something'. I think it ended up a FReq.