RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] House Rule: Buying a Feat for XP

  • Luc Foisy
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2004
      Thank you for the reply, but I am not quite sure this is what I am looking
      for....

      Is that limiting buying those feats when the character is 1st to 8th level?
      What I would like is they can buy those feats at any level, but a maximum of
      8 feats could be purchased.
      They could also purchase any feat that has been loaded into the system

      Perhaps I could do this with a template in some way, and the template would
      have a variable that would be set at the current level it was added at.
      That way I could count the number of templates of this type the character
      has, and I could check to see if they have the template at that level
      already.
      The template would allow the user to chose a feat from a list (that has no
      feat prerequisites).
      Can the template log the feat added in this way? I'd like to know if this
      particular feat was purchased or not.

      I also would like to add free feats (you know like god granted feats or
      something). Is the system not designed currently to only allow a feat add if
      done so under normal circumstances?
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2004
        Duh, I just realized I could change the number of feats that could be
        applied to the character! :)
        I'll just do that then and modify the xp as appropriate, silly me.

        Thank you for your effort.

        (
        >max 1 per level, max 8 total )
        >It would be great if I could get the xp cost in there, and the feat add
        >
        >Could someone point me in the right direction for this?

        Service.