Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Two questions

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2004
      At 07:59 2004.03.02, taluroniscandar wrote:
      >> 2. For the Warmage, there needs to be a way to define a choice for a
      >> bonus feat, but if they already have that feat to let them choose
      >> another. Is there a syntax to do this?
      >
      >Assume xxx is feat you wish to give. Try:
      >
      >ADD:FEAT(alt1,alt2,etc)|PREFEAT:1,xxx [tab] ADD:FEAT(xxx)
      >
      >This presumes PREFEAT works on ADD:FEAT and that PCGen still
      >interprets left to right. I'm not sure if it does or not. The
      >add:feat(xxx) shouldn't come up if you already have the feat (unless
      >it is MULT:YES). You could try adding |!PREFEAT:1,xxx if does..
      >
      >If it is a feat you can take multiple times then simply use:
      >ADD:FEAT(xxx,alt1,alt2,etc)

      Well, I don't think PRExxx tags work at the end of ADD but I could be wrong. If it doesn't, you might be able to pull it off with two hidden feats and FEATAUTO.

      The only case where the order of the tags on a line matter is when you are using the same tag multiple times (like your example). So yes, the first ADD:FEAT will be evaluate before the second at parsing time. Unfortunately, this doesn't guaranty that the first chooser will pop-up before the second one since the choosers are activated way after the parsing of the .lst files.

      Best

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • fighter1610
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 20, 2008
        I have two feats I am attempting to and I have not found out how ot
        make them work correctly.

        Feat01: For a multi-classed spell caster gives them +4 casting level
        bonus unless the +4 is greater then their total CR in which case the
        bonus is the characters CR.

        Feat02: Gives a bonus, but removes one or more proficiencies the
        character may have.

        Does any one know how to handle these?

        Thanks in advance
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 20, 2008
          Hi Fighter1610,

          Feat 1 - I think can be done like so...
          STACK:NO
          MULT:YES
          CHOOSE:SPELLCLASSES
          SELECT:1
          BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|CLASS.%LIST|min(4,TL-(var("CL=%LIST")+var("BL=%LIST")))

          Feat 2 -
          I don't know of a removal process for proficiencies... If the
          proficiencies are part of the class you need to .MOD it, most likely
          with in the Ability loading it (since lots of things are called at first
          level)

          CLASS:Foo.MOD
          1 <> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|.CLEAR <> ABILITY:Special
          Ability|AUTOMATIC|<your modified ability>|!PRExxx <> ABILITY:Special
          Ability|AUTOMATIC|<The remaining that aren't altered>

          or
          CATEGORY=Special Ability|<Ability Name>.MOD <> AUTO:WEAPONPROF|.CLEAR
          <> AUTO:WEAPONPROF|<New List>

          If you need more detailed help, just msg me off-line. BTW I think it's
          HD not CR based for your first feat. :)

          ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 20, 2008
            > Feat 2 -
            > I don't know of a removal process for proficiencies... If the
            > proficiencies are part of the class you need to .MOD it, most likely
            > with in the Ability loading it (since lots of things are called at first
            > level)

            Now that they were converted to Ability objects, I'm not sure if
            REMOVE works on them. I only know of REMOVE:FEAT.

          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 20, 2008
              Hi Folks!

              On Oct 20, 2008, at 10:39 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:
              > > Feat 2 -
              > > I don't know of a removal process for proficiencies... If the
              > > proficiencies are part of the class you need to .MOD it, most likely
              > > with in the Ability loading it (since lots of things are called
              > at first
              > > level)
              >
              > Now that they were converted to Ability objects, I'm not sure if
              > REMOVE works on them. I only know of REMOVE:FEAT.

              Nope. It doesn't. I believe a FREQ has been opened for it though.

              Eric
            • fighter1610
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 21, 2008
                Thanks, but I tried that is it did not work.