Looking for coding help on equipment

  • monch9ph
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004

      I'm trying to code a weapon that's something like a double weapon but
      with a twist. One head is a ranged weapon while the other is melee.
      I know of the ALTxxx Tags but there doesn't seem to be an ALTRANGE.
      Any suggestions?

      Monch
    • Ed Beckwith
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
        sort of like a shock lance type thingy from SG1 where you can either beat
        someone with it or shoot lightning bolts at them? I think your best bet is 2
        separate entries... ymmv

        Ed
        > I'm trying to code a weapon that's something like a double weapon but
        > with a twist. One head is a ranged weapon while the other is melee.
        > I know of the ALTxxx Tags but there doesn't seem to be an ALTRANGE.
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > Monch
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Eric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
          At 01:36 2004.03.01, monch9ph wrote:
          >Hi,
          >
          >I'm trying to code a weapon that's something like a double weapon but
          >with a twist. One head is a ranged weapon while the other is melee.
          >I know of the ALTxxx Tags but there doesn't seem to be an ALTRANGE.
          >Any suggestions?
          >
          >Monch

          There is a way to specify a different TYPE for the second head. Do your first head as the Range weapon and use the ATLxxx tags to specify that the second head is a melee weapon.

          I'm not sure how it will get displayed do because I don't remember ever seing a weapon defined like that.

          Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
          >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
          <mailto:beaudoer@...>
        • monch9ph
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
            Yup,

            Did try that, what came out of the Csheets is that it will show just
            the ranged table. It won't show the melee set.

            Monch

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric Beaudoin