BAB and Saves above 20th level

  • Sussenberger, John
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2002

      If I wanted to support characters with a character level above 20th and
      wanted to stop the progression of BAB and saves from the normal class
      bonuses, how would I do that?

      For example:

      A barbarian has a defined BAB equal to his class level
      (BAB:COMBAT|BAB|CL), I could put a max on that variable, but if a
      character took 15 levels of barbarian and 15 levels of Ranger, his BAB
      would be 30 (in my system it needs to be cut off at 20).

      It's pretty late and I'm stumped on how to implement this. Someone
      throw me some ideas OK?

      Thanks,

      -John-
    • Thatcher
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2002
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Sussenberger, John"
        <john.sussenberger@l...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > If I wanted to support characters with a character level above 20th
        and
        > wanted to stop the progression of BAB and saves from the normal
        class
        > bonuses, how would I do that?
        >
        > For example:
        >
        > A barbarian has a defined BAB equal to his class level
        > (BAB:COMBAT|BAB|CL), I could put a max on that variable, but if a
        > character took 15 levels of barbarian and 15 levels of Ranger, his
        BAB
        > would be 30 (in my system it needs to be cut off at 20).
        >
        > It's pretty late and I'm stumped on how to implement this. Someone
        > throw me some ideas OK?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > -John-

        You can make characters in PCGen that have a Character Level of more
        than 20. But right now the only support that I know of for a class
        with more than 20 levels or more than 10 if a PrC is if you check the
        ignore level cap in preferences.

        Current we do not have permission to use the Epic Level Handbook as a
        source and since it isn't in the SRD yet we have to wait for
        permission.

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey