Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: [RSRD] Natural Weapon Proficiencies

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
      taluroniscandar wrote:

      >While we're talking about Natural weapons another question:
      >
      >Is there any way to apply equipement modifiers to weapons designated
      >with NATURALATTACK?
      >
      >I'm coding the monster feats from the rsrd and Improved Natural
      >Attacks allow the natural attack to do damage as if one size larger.
      >BONUS:EQMWEAPON|DAMAGESIZE|1 will do that (and it's the only tag I
      >know of that will) but as an EQM it's only supposed to be used with
      >equipmod entries.
      >
      >Since the NATURALATTACK tag adds the 'weapon' to the equipment list to
      >be 'equipped' there are no "Natural Weapons" in the melee weapons file.
      >
      >If NATURALATTACK adds the proficiency in the background and then Doug
      >adds the profs list a rsrd_equip_weap_natural.lst could be created to
      >allow such modified weapons to be made and equipped.
      >PREFEAT:1,Improved Natural Attacks (xxx) could be used to enforce only
      >allows though with the feat to select and equip the eqmod.

      A more elegant solution, and one that would fix a few other feats and
      prestige classes that popped up in our house rules, would be to create a
      more general BONUS that one can apply to all weapons of the stated
      proficiency, and let it work with CHOOSE so one could choose
      profficiencies of TYPE=Natural (in this case).

      Pretty please?

      --
      Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle
        <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
        > taluroniscandar wrote:
        >
        > >While we're talking about Natural weapons another question:
        > >
        > >Is there any way to apply equipement modifiers to weapons designated
        > >with NATURALATTACK?
        > >
        > >I'm coding the monster feats from the rsrd and Improved Natural
        > >Attacks allow the natural attack to do damage as if one size larger.
        > >BONUS:EQMWEAPON|DAMAGESIZE|1 will do that (and it's the only tag I
        > >know of that will) but as an EQM it's only supposed to be used with
        > >equipmod entries.
        > >
        > >Since the NATURALATTACK tag adds the 'weapon' to the equipment list to
        > >be 'equipped' there are no "Natural Weapons" in the melee weapons file.
        > >
        > >If NATURALATTACK adds the proficiency in the background and then Doug
        > >adds the profs list a rsrd_equip_weap_natural.lst could be created to
        > >allow such modified weapons to be made and equipped.
        > >PREFEAT:1,Improved Natural Attacks (xxx) could be used to enforce only
        > >allows though with the feat to select and equip the eqmod.
        > >

        > A more elegant solution, and one that would fix a few other feats and
        > prestige classes that popped up in our house rules, would be to
        create a
        > more general BONUS that one can apply to all weapons of the stated
        > proficiency, and let it work with CHOOSE so one could choose
        > profficiencies of TYPE=Natural (in this case).

        More general than BONUS:WEAPONPROF?

        Or do you mean add a DAMAGESIZE choice to BONUS:WEAPONPROF?
      • Emily Smirle
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
          taluroniscandar wrote:

          >Or do you mean add a DAMAGESIZE choice to BONUS:WEAPONPROF?

          That one. :)

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
            <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
            > taluroniscandar wrote:
            >
            > >Or do you mean add a DAMAGESIZE choice to BONUS:WEAPONPROF?
            > >

            > That one. :)

            Sounds good to me.

            Created a FReq at SF #890480 to add DAMAGESIZE to BONUS:WEAPON and
            BONUS:WEAPONPROF.