Re: [RSRD] Natural Weapon Proficiencies

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
      While we're talking about Natural weapons another question:

      Is there any way to apply equipement modifiers to weapons designated
      with NATURALATTACK?

      I'm coding the monster feats from the rsrd and Improved Natural
      Attacks allow the natural attack to do damage as if one size larger.
      BONUS:EQMWEAPON|DAMAGESIZE|1 will do that (and it's the only tag I
      know of that will) but as an EQM it's only supposed to be used with
      equipmod entries.

      Since the NATURALATTACK tag adds the 'weapon' to the equipment list to
      be 'equipped' there are no "Natural Weapons" in the melee weapons file.

      If NATURALATTACK adds the proficiency in the background and then Doug
      adds the profs list a rsrd_equip_weap_natural.lst could be created to
      allow such modified weapons to be made and equipped.
      PREFEAT:1,Improved Natural Attacks (xxx) could be used to enforce only
      allows though with the feat to select and equip the eqmod.
    • Emily Smirle
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
        taluroniscandar wrote:

        >While we're talking about Natural weapons another question:
        >
        >Is there any way to apply equipement modifiers to weapons designated
        >with NATURALATTACK?
        >
        >I'm coding the monster feats from the rsrd and Improved Natural
        >Attacks allow the natural attack to do damage as if one size larger.
        >BONUS:EQMWEAPON|DAMAGESIZE|1 will do that (and it's the only tag I
        >know of that will) but as an EQM it's only supposed to be used with
        >equipmod entries.
        >
        >Since the NATURALATTACK tag adds the 'weapon' to the equipment list to
        >be 'equipped' there are no "Natural Weapons" in the melee weapons file.
        >
        >If NATURALATTACK adds the proficiency in the background and then Doug
        >adds the profs list a rsrd_equip_weap_natural.lst could be created to
        >allow such modified weapons to be made and equipped.
        >PREFEAT:1,Improved Natural Attacks (xxx) could be used to enforce only
        >allows though with the feat to select and equip the eqmod.

        A more elegant solution, and one that would fix a few other feats and
        prestige classes that popped up in our house rules, would be to create a
        more general BONUS that one can apply to all weapons of the stated
        proficiency, and let it work with CHOOSE so one could choose
        profficiencies of TYPE=Natural (in this case).

        Pretty please?

        --
        Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle
          <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
          > taluroniscandar wrote:
          >
          > >While we're talking about Natural weapons another question:
          > >
          > >Is there any way to apply equipement modifiers to weapons designated
          > >with NATURALATTACK?
          > >
          > >I'm coding the monster feats from the rsrd and Improved Natural
          > >Attacks allow the natural attack to do damage as if one size larger.
          > >BONUS:EQMWEAPON|DAMAGESIZE|1 will do that (and it's the only tag I
          > >know of that will) but as an EQM it's only supposed to be used with
          > >equipmod entries.
          > >
          > >Since the NATURALATTACK tag adds the 'weapon' to the equipment list to
          > >be 'equipped' there are no "Natural Weapons" in the melee weapons file.
          > >
          > >If NATURALATTACK adds the proficiency in the background and then Doug
          > >adds the profs list a rsrd_equip_weap_natural.lst could be created to
          > >allow such modified weapons to be made and equipped.
          > >PREFEAT:1,Improved Natural Attacks (xxx) could be used to enforce only
          > >allows though with the feat to select and equip the eqmod.
          > >

          > A more elegant solution, and one that would fix a few other feats and
          > prestige classes that popped up in our house rules, would be to
          create a
          > more general BONUS that one can apply to all weapons of the stated
          > proficiency, and let it work with CHOOSE so one could choose
          > profficiencies of TYPE=Natural (in this case).

          More general than BONUS:WEAPONPROF?

          Or do you mean add a DAMAGESIZE choice to BONUS:WEAPONPROF?
        • Emily Smirle
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
            taluroniscandar wrote:

            >Or do you mean add a DAMAGESIZE choice to BONUS:WEAPONPROF?

            That one. :)

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
              <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
              > taluroniscandar wrote:
              >
              > >Or do you mean add a DAMAGESIZE choice to BONUS:WEAPONPROF?
              > >

              > That one. :)

              Sounds good to me.

              Created a FReq at SF #890480 to add DAMAGESIZE to BONUS:WEAPON and
              BONUS:WEAPONPROF.