RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Spam

  • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 15, 2002

      Hmmm,

      I'm not sure how we're going to handle this one, I'm still trying to figure out how to do some things in the moderator area, I think the group owner can actually do far more, so I'll chat to Mynex about it later.  I may get you to contact Linda for me @ some point

      TM

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003

        I have a feat that have to choose between any ranged weapon the char
        has weapon focus on. How can i do that?

        Any help would be appreciated.

        Felipe
        - OSCM Gibbon
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
          Look at the code for Weapon Specialization

          Lexmark
          > Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the
          > US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/sfVplB/TM

        • Felipe F. Diniz
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
            That's not the same issue. Weapon Specialization can be taken by ANY
            weapon the char has weapon focus on. I need it to be taken on any
            RANGED weapon the char has weapon focus on.

            The code on Weapon Specialization only limits to having Weapon Focus
            or not, it does not limit on weapon type.

            Felipe
            - OSCM Gibbon

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"

            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
              Try CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE.Ranged|1

              Not sure if it will work, but it might. :)

              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen Data SB and BoD

              > That's not the same issue. Weapon Specialization can be taken by ANY
              > weapon the char has weapon focus on. I need it to be taken on any
              > RANGED weapon the char has weapon focus on.
              >
              > The code on Weapon Specialization only limits to having Weapon Focus
              > or not, it does not limit on weapon type.
              >

              > Felipe
              > - OSCM Gibbon
            • Brad Franks
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
                Have you thought about TYPE=Ranged?

                Just a noobie airing his own thoughts...

                Brad Franks
                PCGen TM Lemur
                PCGen DOC Lemur

                <pgrosse@m...> wrote:
                > Look at the code for Weapon Specialization

              • Felipe F. Diniz
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 3, 2003
                  Off course, but where?

                  I tried these:

                  CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE=Ranged)
                  CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE.Ranged)
                  CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus (TYPE=Ranged)
                  CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus (TYPE.Ranged)
                  CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus|TYPE=Ranged
                  CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus|TYPE.Ranged)

                  and none worked. To test this, my char has Weapon Focus on Longbow
                  and Battleaxe. Either it shows both weapons, or it shows neither.

                  I also tested using it on the ADD:FEAT statement, like this:

                  ADD:FEAT(MyFeat(TYPE=Ranged))

                  but it didn't split up the ranged weapons, jst showed TYPE=Ranged as
                  is.

                  Felipe
                  - OSCM Gibbon

                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Franks"
                  <bfranks@d...> wrote:
                  > Have you thought about TYPE=Ranged?
                  >
                  > Just a noobie airing his own thoughts...
                  >
                  > Brad Franks
                  > PCGen TM Lemur
                  > PCGen DOC Lemur

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • Felipe F. Diniz
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                    --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Felipe F. Diniz"
                    <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > I have a feat that have to choose between any ranged weapon the
                    char
                    > has weapon focus on. How can i do that?
                    >
                    > Any help would be appreciated.
                    >

                    > Felipe
                    > - OSCM Gibbon

                    Bumping.

                    Just a note. This is not the same as Weapon Specialization, because i
                    can choose a ranged weapon to specialize, but i can't choose a ranged
                    weapon to apply my feat on. It must be a ranged weapon the char was
                    focus on.

                    Anyone? Pleeeeease.....

                    Felipe
                    - OSCM Gibbon
                  • Barak
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                      I don't think there's a way to make the program restrict it like that.
                      SOP on something like this in the past has been to code it as something
                      like this:

                      PREFEAT:1,Weapon Focus
                      PRETEXT:Wepon Focus must be with a ranged weapon

                      Barak
                      ~PCGen BoD
                      ~OS Silverback

                    • Felipe F. Diniz
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                        What i really need is a chooser. I can do
                        CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|FEAT=Weapon Focus but i can limit it no further
                        than this. If it's not possible to limit on the chooser, maybe i can
                        limit it on the bonus. It's a bonus to CRITMULT, like this:

                        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITMULT|1

                        Would there be any PRE that i could put here to make this bonus only
                        apply if the chosen proficiency is ranged?

                        Felipe
                        - OSCM Gibbon