[New Sources] Announcement

  • David
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 31, 2004
      I do not remember seeing an announcement about this, but may have missed
      it, so here goes.

      ********** Announcing 2 Wiki pages for PCGen **********

      A) New Source Material Requests:
      http://gmgen.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main/NewSourceMaterialReques
      ts

      B) New Source Material Requests actively being worked on:
      http://gmgen.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main/SourcesInDevelopment

      *** NOTES ***

      1) I will be deleting *all* open requests at the current PCGen:DM New
      Material Request page on SourceForge:
      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=442914&group_id=36698&func=browse
      Please don't add any more requests there.

      2) Just because a source is listed in (A) above does *NOT* guarantee
      that it is or will be included in a future release of PCGen. This is for
      several reasons. a) No one is interested enough in doing the LST files
      for that source(remember this is a volunteer project). b) There are
      License issues. c) Other reasons, but a and b are the 2 big ones that I
      can think of.

      3) If you would like to work on something, move if from A to B and fill
      in the data.

      4) Some of the B items are more actively being worked on than others.

      If you have a favourite source, please add it to the list, and if you
      can, start working on it. Eddy, et.al. have done a *terrific* job on the
      documentation so adding sources should be much easier than in the past.

      -- david (aka Papa-DRB)
      OSh/Data Tracker Monkey
      & several other titles
    • bebberd@att.net
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 24, 2006
        I need to code a feat that gives a +1 to any 2 (selectable) Knowledges.

        I have tried:
        CHOOSE:COUNT=2|CCSKILLLIST|LIST
        BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

        but it only allows 1 choice and doesn't limit to knowledges only.

        any ideas?
      • boomer70
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 24, 2006
          --- bebberd@... wrote:

          > I need to code a feat that gives a +1 to any 2
          > (selectable) Knowledges.
          >
          > I have tried:
          > CHOOSE:COUNT=2|CCSKILLLIST|LIST
          > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
          >
          > but it only allows 1 choice and doesn't limit to
          > knowledges only.
          >
          > any ideas?

          MULT:YES
          CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=2|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE=Knowledge
          BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

          -Aaron

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • bebberd@att.net
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 24, 2006
            Perfect, Thanks!

            From: boomer70 <boomer70@...>

            > --- bebberd@... wrote:
            >
            > > I need to code a feat that gives a +1 to any 2
            > > (selectable) Knowledges.
            > >
            > > I have tried:
            > > CHOOSE:COUNT=2|CCSKILLLIST|LIST
            > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
            > >
            > > but it only allows 1 choice and doesn't limit to
            > > knowledges only.
            > >
            > > any ideas?
            > >
            > MULT:YES
            > CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=2|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE=Knowledge
            > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
            >
            > -Aaron

          • David Jurgens
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 11, 2010
              Greetings,

              I am coding a feat that allows for a bonus to hit and damage based on a
              knowledge roll. The feat allows for a +1 to +5 based on the outcome of the
              roll. I have the feat coded and showing up on preview and output sheets.
              However, I want to have PCGen calculate and add the bonus through the
              temporary bonus tab. I game with PCGen up on my laptop and this would make
              remembering the bonus easier.

              I would need PCGen to ask for a knowledge skill and the outcome of a d20
              roll. It would then add the skill bonus and the roll and compare that value
              to a list of ranges to determine the bonus to hit and damage of +1 to +5.

              If any of you have done something like this before, please let me know how
              you went about it. If there is something in the current datasets that I can
              use as an example, that would help also.

              Current PCGen environment:

              Windows XP

              PCGen 5.16.2

              3.5e Campaign

              3.5 RSRD

              MyCampaign

              Thanks for the help.

              Regards,

              David

            • Barak
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 11, 2010
                > I would need PCGen to ask for a knowledge skill and the outcome of a
                > d20 roll. It would then add the skill bonus and the roll and compare that
                > value to a list of ranges to determine the bonus to hit and damage of +1
                > +5.

                No way to do that (in one feat at least). Best you're gonna be able to do
                is have a chooser pop asking what bonus to apply (and only one value as we
                can only have one chooser per object... I hope the to-hit and damage bonus
                are the same :p).

                Barak
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 11, 2010
                  I'd simply make five templates

                  +1 to hit and damage
                      VISIBLE:NO
                      KEY:Plus 1 to hit and damage
                      BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|1|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                      BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE|1|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

                  Repeat for +2, +3, +4 and +5.

                  Then just apply the correct bonus when you want through the temp bonus.
                   --
                  Andrew

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 11, 2010
                    Yes, to hit and damage are the same. Asking what bonus to apply would work.
                    Do you know of an example in the current datasets that does this already?

                    Thanks,

                    David

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 11, 2010
                      That would work. The simplest way is always best.

                      Thanks,

                      David