Need help entering prestige class.

  • aldernus
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2002
      I'm trying to enter the Weapon Master prestige class from the Sword
      & Fist supplement but I'm having problems with a fundamental aspect
      of this class.
      On choosing this class you're supposed to choose one weapon that you
      have weapon focus for and have a masterwork version in your
      inventory. As you progress through the class you get bonuses for
      that weapon only (bonuses to hit, to damage etc). I'd settle for
      just choosing from a list of weapons you have weapon focus for but I
      can't even get that working. I know it must involve the CHOOSE tag
      and probably the DEFINE but I haven't been able to come up with a
      combination that loads. Heck, I'm not even completely sure on the
      syntax of a CHOOSE tag, I've just been guessing based on examples.
      Any help leading to a solution would be appreciated, or even just
      letting me know if it's not possible would be nice.
    • orcris69
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2002
        Create a virtual feat for the class that is granted at the given
        level (make it not visible if you dont want it to show on the list)
        use the Weapon Specialization feat for an example.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 14, 2002
          Thanks. It never occured to me to use a virtual feat as a global
          variable.
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "orcris69" <yahoo@i...> wrote:
          > Create a virtual feat for the class that is granted at the given
          > level (make it not visible if you dont want it to show on the
          list)
          > use the Weapon Specialization feat for an example.
          >
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "aldernus" <m_sunderland@m...>
          wrote:
          > > I'm trying to enter the Weapon Master prestige class from the
          > Sword
          > > & Fist supplement but I'm having problems with a fundamental
          > aspect
          > > of this class.
          > > On choosing this class you're supposed to choose one weapon that
          > you
          > > have weapon focus for and have a masterwork version in your
          > > inventory. As you progress through the class you get bonuses
          for
          > > that weapon only (bonuses to hit, to damage etc). I'd settle
          for
          > > just choosing from a list of weapons you have weapon focus for
          but
          > > can't even get that working. I know it must involve the CHOOSE
          > tag
          > > and probably the DEFINE but I haven't been able to come up with
          > > combination that loads. Heck, I'm not even completely sure on
          the
          > > syntax of a CHOOSE tag, I've just been guessing based on
          examples.
          > > Any help leading to a solution would be appreciated, or even
          just
          > > letting me know if it's not possible would be nice.
        • karianna03
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 14, 2002
            Hi all,

            It's Karianna here (I'm the PCGEN Moderator and I keep an eye on this
            list as well). We'd prefer it if you didn't refer to specific
            classes we don't have permission for yet. It makes you (and us) look
            like you're trying potentially swap illegal files instead of doing
            (what you are legitimately doing) your own LST files with the sources
            you own (which is totally cool).

            This is _not_ a telling off, so please don't take it that way 8-).

            So if you could please talk about classes and books in a generic
            format when asking for help on the stuff we don't have official
            permission for that would be cool!

            e.g. I have a class that I'm trying to get a weapon selection at 3rd
            level.

            Karianna
            PCGEN Mod

            Any Q's etc pelase don't hesittate to contact me!!