RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] ADD:FEAT or FEATAUTO, preferred method

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
      FEATAUTO ignores pre-reqs, so you'd get it no matter what.

      In your example, it would show up at 2nd level.

      If it has an actual effect on the number PCGen produces, I'd use FEATAUTO
      and then put a PRE on the BONUS inside the feat, so it would show up but
      there would be no bonus from it until the prereq was met..

      Barak
      ~PCGen BoD
      ~OS Silverback

    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
        > FEATAUTO ignores pre-reqs, so you'd get it no matter what.

        So, ADD:FEAT will only add it if the prereqs are met. FEATAUTO adds it
        regardless...if that's the case, what's the difference between FEATAUTO and
        VFEAT? VFEAT also ignores prereqs, right?

        > In your example, it would show up at 2nd level.

        But I wouldn't want it to show up until the character actually qualifies for
        the class.

        > If it has an actual effect on the number PCGen produces, I'd use FEATAUTO
        > and then put a PRE on the BONUS inside the feat, so it would show up but
        > there would be no bonus from it until the prereq was met..

        That makes sense if there are bonuses involved. However, I'm focusing on
        having the feat show up when it should.