3.0.0 Equipmod and Weapon Profs

  • Joshua Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2002
      I'm still using version 3.0.0 due to my dependence on (currently)
      unsupported .lst files, and I have two (I think) questions I'm hoping
      some kind person can help me with.

      I'm currently working on Green Ronin's Freeport:City of Adventure,
      and, inches away from being done, I've run into two minor obstacles.

      First, I need to find a way to prevent firearms from being customised
      with certain equipmods (specifically, Brilliant Energy and Speed).
      I'm assuming this can be done by adding !PRETYPE:Firearms to the
      equipmods themselves. Can this be done in the Freeportequipmods.lst
      file with Brilliant Energy.MOD, etc.?

      My second question is a little more complicated (maybe). I am
      slightly confused by weapon sizes. *weaponprofs.lst and
      *equipweapon*.lst both have SIZE:* tags. Can anyone explain to me
      why this is, or where the difference lies? According to the Freeport
      firearms rules, all firearms fall under one exotic weapon
      proficiency, but they range from pistols (small) to swivel guns
      (huge), which is accurately reflected in the weapons .lst, but they
      all point back to one proficiency, which can only have (I think) one
      SIZE entry.

      Thanks in advance for your assistance.

      --Rufus