Re: Knowledge (__________)

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
      You can create a new knowledge skill in a lst file that goes

      Knowledge (_______________) [using the underbar key].

      I had a Ride skill like that at one point, to write in the type of
      animal on (until I reread Ride and realised I didn't need it).

      Note that this will give you one 'fill in the blank' line. To get
      others vary the length (numbers) of the underbar character. Note that
      I couldn't get it to work using the [Space] character.

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Bob Galley" <gim@l...> wrote:
      > Speaking as a person who's had to drop in about 30 undocumented
      Knowledge
      > Skills so far to make Know the School work (individual clans and
      dojos)....

      > Right now, we can't. But I think there's a FREQ already posted for this
      > fill-in-the-blank functionality -- we could use it on certain feats
      as well.

      > BoB

    • Bob Galley
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
        This does provide 'fill in the blank' functionality ... for the hard copy
        you make of the character. However, if you set that character aside for
        three months, then come back to it without the hard copy in hand, you must
        then figure out what knowledge skill that was supposed to be. Also, if I
        write up a feat that looks for skills named: Knowledge*Clan* and
        Knowledge*Dojo*, like I really want to do for Know the School (although I
        currently have a passable workaround that requires adding the 'undocumented'
        knowledge feats), the code will not know what the underline truly stands
        for. Thus, the need for interactive fill in the blank functionality.

        BoB