Lack of 3.1.0 sources

  • h_a_n_d_l_e
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002

      I just wanted to know if it is useless work for me to start converting
      the Forgotten Realms LST files manually, so the 3.1.0 version will
      accept them. Or should I just wait till tomorrow, and all will be done
      automagicly? With the new 3.1.1 and the fixed convertor?

      Oh, and what is the real reason that most of the sources vanished from
      the 3.x series:
      - 2.x->3.x file format change?
      - wierd things with licences?
      - d20 certification or whatever it is called?
      - ... ?

      Gert
    • Timothy J. Lanza
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
        At 07:48 AM 9/1/2002, "h_a_n_d_l_e" <gs2@...> wrote:
        >I just wanted to know if it is useless work for me to start converting
        >the Forgotten Realms LST files manually, so the 3.1.0 version will
        >accept them. Or should I just wait till tomorrow, and all will be done
        >automagicly? With the new 3.1.1 and the fixed convertor?
        >
        >Oh, and what is the real reason that most of the sources vanished from
        >the 3.x series:
        >- 2.x->3.x file format change?
        >- wierd things with licences?
        >- d20 certification or whatever it is called?
        >- ... ?

        "That data is not available here or anywhere else - it was removed
        due to a request by WotC and we're working hard to get their
        permission to include all that data and more. We're sorry for the
        inconvenience this may cause, but it's part of trying to make sure we
        follow all the necessary legalities. We'll give update everyone as
        our discussions progress. Thanks."

        -Bryan
        Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

        Timothy J. Lanza
      • h_a_n_d_l_e
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Timothy J. Lanza" <tjlanza@p...>
          wrote:
          > ==================BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE==================
          > "That data is not available here or anywhere else - it was removed
          > due to a request by WotC and we're working hard to get their
          > permission to include all that data and more. We're sorry for the
          > inconvenience this may cause, but it's part of trying to make sure
          we
          > follow all the necessary legalities. We'll give update everyone as
          > our discussions progress. Thanks."
          >
          > -Bryan
          > Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

          Ah, legal causes. Figures. Thnx for the msg, must have missed it.
          Have to stick to pen and paper for now... Wonder what they are whining
          about, you still need the books anyway (and they are one of those
          Things To Own anyway).

          Gert