Re: 5.5.2 Weapon Finesse

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 4, 2003
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Jannes <tjannes@v...>
      wrote:
      > I also asked this on the main board, but maybe this is the right
      place. In 5.5.2. the Weapon Finesse does not work correctly since the
      rework of weapons with the WIELD tag. It looks for finesseable weapons
      or natural weapons only.

      > Anyone can shed some light on how to fix it ?

      There is a tracker at SourceForge/PCGen:DM for this issue. In the
      tracker the poster states what needs to be done. I don't know if it is
      correct but it seems reasonable.
    • Loyal
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2003
        This is exactly what spurred my original post about WIELD...

        I made the correction as suggested in the Tracker item, but it had no
        affect.

        If the BONUS in the feat is supposed to work on all weapons with a
        TYPE = Finesseable, what is it that delineates a weapon as having
        TYPE=Finesseable? I don't see it in the equipment files, so is there
        some other place where they are called out?

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar"
        <mhgj@e...> wrote:
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Jannes
        <tjannes@v...>
        > wrote:
        > > I also asked this on the main board, but maybe this is the right
        > place. In 5.5.2. the Weapon Finesse does not work correctly since
        the
        > rework of weapons with the WIELD tag. It looks for finesseable
        weapons
        > or natural weapons only.
        > >
        > > Anyone can shed some light on how to fix it ?
        > >
        > There is a tracker at SourceForge/PCGen:DM for this issue. In the
        > tracker the poster states what needs to be done. I don't know if it
        is
        > correct but it seems reasonable.
      • Thomas Jannes
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 4, 2003
          Apparently it is coded somewhere, see also the post by jayme on the main forum. I tested the new code and it works...

          To sum up in a few words: finesseable is now not a given fact anymore, but depends on type of weapon and type of wielder

          Thomas/Chipoulou
          Mad OS Test Howler Monkey

          > This is exactly what spurred my original post about WIELD...

          > I made the correction as suggested in the Tracker item, but it had no
          > affect.

          > If the BONUS in the feat is supposed to work on all weapons with a
          > TYPE = Finesseable, what is it that delineates a weapon as having
          > TYPE=Finesseable? I don't see it in the equipment files, so is there
          > some other place where they are called out?

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar"
          > <mhgj@e...> wrote:
          >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Jannes
          > <tjannes@v...>
          >> wrote:
          >> > I also asked this on the main board, but maybe this is the right
          >> place. In 5.5.2. the Weapon Finesse does not work correctly since
          > the
          >> rework of weapons with the WIELD tag. It looks for finesseable
          > weapons
          >> or natural weapons only.
          >> >
          >> > Anyone can shed some light on how to fix it ?
          >> >
          >> There is a tracker at SourceForge/PCGen:DM for this issue. In the
          >> tracker the poster states what needs to be done. I don't know if it
          > is
          >> correct but it seems reasonable.

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Jayme
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 4, 2003
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Loyal" <loyalp@c...> wrote:
            > I made the correction as suggested in the Tracker item, but it had
            no
            > affect.

            You changed the Weapon Finesse feat to have:
            BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.Finesseable|(DEXMAXSTR)-STR|TYPE=NotRanged

            > If the BONUS in the feat is supposed to work on all weapons with a
            > TYPE = Finesseable, what is it that delineates a weapon as having
            > TYPE=Finesseable? I don't see it in the equipment files, so is
            there
            > some other place where they are called out?

            Yes, the system/gameModes/35e/miscinfo.lst file has:

            WIELDCATEGORY:Light HANDS:1 FINESSABLE:Yes
          • Loyal
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 6, 2003
              Must have been a copy/paste issue. I grabbed your syntax below and
              pasted it in again and it works fine now!