[Y! Site USEAGE]

  • dlm1065
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      I am going to post this on the multiple pcgen Y! Sites.

      Site
      -Purpose of site

      PCGen
      - general support of pcgen
      - the place to report [BUGS] in data, OS, docs

      LStFileHlp
      - help with existing TAGS
      - help properly implementting lst
      - help debugging user written code

      PCGen Experimental
      - pre-alpha & alpha that are at least OGL compliant
      - Drafts of changes to be made in SYNTAX for lst
      - Evaluation of Drafted SYNTAX

      If you keep in mind to post information to the appropriate site
      then the benefits are fairly obvious. The biggest is that people
      will be thinking about the sort of thing you are posting not about
      something entirely different- ie. a different mind set if you will.

      Discussing changes to TAGS on other sites. If you see a problem
      with a TAGS SYNTAX or the way PCGEN handles dtad please go over to
      the Experimental site and say hey I think this is a problem and
      define the exact problem. We are trying to get a slightly more
      formal SYNTAX development cycle going so we can improve the quality
      of the SYNTAX. By formally planning our TAGS I believe we will
      produce better SYNTAX that is less likely to have problems with
      which we will be able to do more things

      Doug Mcmillan
      Data Silverback