Re: WIELD

  • Jayme
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@i.
      ..> wrote:
      > > > The wierd thing about the Bastard sword is that it's a one
      handed
      > > > weapon. If you try to use it one handed without the Exotic
      Weapon
      > > > prof, you incure a -4 non-proficiency penalty.
      > >
      > > Not entirely correct: it is a two handed MARTIAL weapon. One
      handed it
      > > is Exotic. The Dwarven Waraxe is the same way - twohanded Martial,
      > > onehanded Exotic (except for Dwarves in 35e). I think it should be
      > > WIELD:TwoHanded as that is how it is normally used by anyone
      > > without EWP.

      As Brass Tilde pointed out, the Bastard Sword (and the Dwarven Waraxe)
      are One Handed weapons -- thus are listed under the One-Handed Exotic
      weapons chart in the RSRD. If you do not have special training (Exotic
      Weapon prof) you get a -4 non-proficiency penalty while wielding them
      one handed.
      Even stranger is if you are a Wizard and don't have the Martial or
      Exotic weapon feats, you can wield a Bastard Sword one handed and
      still only take a -4 non-proficiency penalty.