Feat granting class skills

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2003
      Does anyone know a way to have a feat make a users choice of skills class
      skills for a specific class? My understanding is that the CSKILL tag used
      outside of a class line makes the skills class skills for all classes the
      character has.
      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2003
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...>
        wrote:
        > Does anyone know a way to have a feat make a users choice of skills
        class
        > skills for a specific class? My understanding is that the CSKILL tag
        used
        > outside of a class line makes the skills class skills for all
        classes the
        > character has.

        A feat that makes skills a class skill should mean they are always
        considered class skills, not matter what the class you are "buying"
        them from.

        Untill we start tracking what feats are granted by what class levels,
        I don't think there is a way to do what you want.
      • Michael Tucker
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
          On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 01:54 AM, Jayme wrote:

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...>
          > wrote:
          >> Does anyone know a way to have a feat make a users choice of skills
          > class
          >> skills for a specific class? My understanding is that the CSKILL tag
          > used
          >> outside of a class line makes the skills class skills for all
          > classes the
          >> character has.
          >
          > A feat that makes skills a class skill should mean they are always
          > considered class skills, not matter what the class you are "buying"
          > them from.
          >
          > Untill we start tracking what feats are granted by what class levels,
          > I don't think there is a way to do what you want.

          Can a Feat .MOD a Class, either directly or indirectly? If directly,
          then that seems the way to go. If indirectly (perhaps a Feat which
          loads a Template, which .MODs a Class?), then that would be another way
          to get there.

          If there's no way to .MOD a Class from a Feat, either directly or
          indirectly, then I agree with Jayme (i.e., no way to do what you want
          from within PCGen). However, you could always just give your players
          extra skill points to make up the difference.

          [As an aside, I often think that people are willing to go to *way* too
          much trouble to get PCGen to do something that could easily be handled
          manually (such as by manually assigning extra skill points, stat
          bonuses, levels, whatever), or with pencil and paper. If I have to
          invent the transistor, design a calculator, build the damn thing, learn
          Reverse Polish Notation, etc., just so I can add two numbers, then I've
          probably missed an important Clue Bus somewhere along the line. But
          that's just my opinion, and mini-rant.]

          Seriously, though: I wish you good fortune figuring out a way to get
          PCGen to do what you want. If you are still stuck after these
          suggestions, come back and let us know what you found out. I'm sure
          that someone will be able to either help you, or give you a definitive
          "no, that can't be done" answer.

          Java Kensai