[TM] [FREQ] Re: Making skill points from int retroactive?

  • GameGuru4
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 28, 2003
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "dlm1065" <dlm1065@h...>
      wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "GameGuru4"
      > <gameguru4@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Dale"
      > <ian_dale@h...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "GameGuru4"
      > > <gameguru4@y...>
      > I'll
      > > ask

      > calculate
      > > really,
      > workaround.

      > > > Since it's expressly not allowed by the SRD, it's unlikely that
      > > > there's currently support in PCGen for something like this. Not
      > > say
      > > > it can't be done, just there will need to be code changes to
      > support
      > > > it. (And you'd need to implement a new GameMode, since you
      > wouldn't
      > > be
      > > > going by the 3E or 3.5E rules anymore.)
      > > >
      > > > Should be easy enough to request a FREQ for it from the CMs.
      The
      > new
      > > > topic prefix should grab Kar's attention. :)
      > > >
      > > > -Ian
      > > > LST Chimp
      > > > PCGen BoD Data 2nd
      > >
      > > I'm not sure what it means to have to implement a new GameMode.
      > > Would this mean 3.0 characters I've made wouldn't load correctly
      > > anymore since I've entered them in that GameMode?
      > > I was thinking this would work sorta like the language thing.
      You
      > > have a check box is the House Rules preferences dialogue that
      asks
      > if
      > > you want int to be retroactive to skill points past 1st level.
      Of
      > > course, if you uncheck this after the character's been made and
      > > intelligence has been upped, I guess you're SOL since the program
      > > can't go back and figure that out anymore.
      > > *shrug* I don't know enough about the internals of PCGen to know
      > if
      > > this would be hard to do or not, but it seems like it'd be easy
      > > turn on and hard to turn off. So just make sure people are
      warned
      > > before turning it on, like when you start to add classes and it
      > warns
      > > you they're not retroactive - that same type of warning.
      > >
      > > Also, thanks for submitting this as a FREQ. What's the easiest
      > way
      > > to check up on FREQ's and BUGs to know if they're fixed? I'm new
      > > the idea of lists like this, so I don't know how to check up on
      > > certain things very well.
      >
      > Can you tell me if you are using this as a house rule of for
      > different systems as we are working on expanding the ability of
      > people to activate and deactiate rules

      Personally I just use it as a house rule. I'm not aware of it being
      in any book anywhere. It was done a long time ago to ease tracking
      skill points. Making it retroactive does give nice candy to the
      players, but it's less headache to be able to audit their sheet later
      to be sure they have the right amount of skills.

      If you want more info, just ask.