Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Skill rank as bonus variable

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2003
      At 04:45 2003.11.27, Felipe F. Diniz wrote:
      >--- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...>
      >wrote:
      >> Is there a way to a skill rank as a variable for a bonus?
      >> I'd like to make a bonus equal to the rank of a certain skill and I
      >can't
      >> find anything in the docs, it is late and I'm probably overlooking
      >> something.
      >> --
      >> ~ Eddy
      >> ~ Doc Chimp
      >> ~ PCGen BoD Documentation Second
      >

      >BONUS:SKILL|Bluff|(SKILL.Diplomacy.RANK/2)
      >would give half the ranks in Diplomacy to Bluff.
      >
      >Generally speaking, you should be able to use almost any Output token
      >on a formula.

      Oh god I hate this. We have to find a way to make it clear that we are not dealing with a variable. If the output tags are going to be reinject in the .lst code, we need have a clear syntax to separate that from the hardcoded variables and the DEFINEd variables.

      Not to mention that now, change to output code can have repercusions on the .lst files... This means that if an ouput token change, we need a converter for the .lst files. I would be way more hapy to define more HARDCODEd variables that are separate from the output tags.

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>