SRD perform skill

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2003
      I know that in the SRD, when the character allocates ranks to
      perform, they pick a form. Is there a way, in PCGen, for them to
      pick the form, and then have it listed somewhere so its on their
      character sheet?

      Paul W. King
      OGL SB and BoD
    • Brass Tilde
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 2003
        > I know that in the SRD, when the character allocates ranks to
        > perform, they pick a form. Is there a way, in PCGen, for them to
        > pick the form, and then have it listed somewhere so its on their
        > character sheet?

        I've put them in the description tab. I add a node in the Notes tree for
        "Perform forms" and put them in there. Not automatic, but it gets the job
        done.
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 27, 2003
          >> I know that in the SRD, when the character allocates ranks to
          >> perform, they pick a form. Is there a way, in PCGen, for them to
          >> pick the form, and then have it listed somewhere so its on their
          >> character sheet?
          >
          > I've put them in the description tab. I add a node in the Notes
          > tree for "Perform forms" and put them in there. Not automatic,
          > but it gets the job done.

          Alright, I just tried this, taking inspiration from Favored Enemy.
          I added the following to the Perform skill:

          ADD:FEAT(PerformType)

          And then added this to the hidden feats:

          PerformType
          TYPE:Perform
          VISIBLE:NO
          MULT:YES
          SA:perform type (%CHOICE)
          CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|ballad|buffoonery|chant|comedy|dance|drama|drums|
          epic|flute|harp|juggling|limerics|lute|mandolin|melody|mime|ode|pan
          pipes|recorder|shalm|storytelling|trumpet

          It will give me a chooser on the first rank of Perform, and show
          that perform type in the SA field, but won't give me a chooser for
          any successive ranks. Can someone find what's wrong with my code?

          Paul W. King
          OGL SB and BoD
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 28, 2003
            NUMCHOICES=1

            drop that, and it should work. Nice idea, Paul.
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 28, 2003
              > NUMCHOICES=1
              >
              > drop that, and it should work. Nice idea, Paul.

              Tried that, still only get the choice on the first rank, but no
              subsequent ones.

              Paul W. King
              OGL SB and BoD