Re: Weapon proficiency feat help...

  • gildenrat
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 11, 2003
      Wow this is a fun one,
      Kensai Weapon TYPE:Kensai PRECLASS:Kensai=1
      SA:%CHOICE +% hit +% damage|KensaiHit|KensaiDamage
      DEFINE:KensaiHit|1 DEFINE:KensaiDamage|1 MULT:YES
      CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF|0|TYPE.Exotic|TYPE.Martial
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|DAMAGE|KensaiDamage
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|KensaiHit AUTO:WEAPONPROF|%LIST
      VISIBLE:NO SOURCEPAGE:XXX

      Explained the defines create varialble for later maniplulation. To
      keep to pcgen standards they really should be defined as 0 and a
      BONUS:VAR tag used to set them to one but I couldn't do this and get
      the second BONUS to work. The MULT:Yes will cause PCGEN to qualify
      the feat as Kensai Weapon(weapon choosen) which is key for
      additional feats. The 2 BONUS:WEAPONPROF tags add the modifiers and
      the AUTO:WEAPONPROF gives proficiency.

      If you want a second feat to modify this like weapon specialization
      or focus that feat needs the tag CHOOSE:FEAT=Kensai Weapon

      Note this will not work if the character already has proficiencies
      in Exotic or Martial Weapons as those proficinecies will not be in
      the choice list.

      I have asked for a FREQ but not thrown it into the tracker for the
      Weapon proficiency logic to be modified to calculate after every
      feat call. The main reason I have not done so as this seems like
      simple code that would create a qa nightmare. The improvement would
      allow a choice of weapons in the class file and a simple choice of
      current proficiencies in the feat file.

      Hope this helps.

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar"
      <mhgj@e...> wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Friedman"
      > <friedmanc@a...> wrote:
      > > I'm trying to create a feat (actually a class ability) that
      allows a
      > > character to select a single martial or exotic melee weapon and
      gain
      > > proficiency in its use, plus a bonus to hit and to damage. I've
      gone
    • Craig Friedman
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2003
        This does not work. CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF|0 allows zero choices to be
        taken. Changing it to any other value allows a weapon to be chosen,
        but no proficiency is gained, nor is the feat even added. No error
        is returned. Also, there still seems to be no way to restrict the
        list to melee weapons only.

        I am using the latest autobuild from rpg.plambert.net and the lastest
        RSRD. Should this be entered as a bug, or a freq, or something in
        between?

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "gildenrat" <adairl@i...>

      • gildenrat
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 11, 2003
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Friedman"
          I haven't tried this with the latest autobuild but with 5.4 the
          following should happen, or at least does when I try it. Window one
          show up Weapon Choice(s) with zero choices. Click on close. Window
          2 pops up with Feat Choice. Choose a weapon and everything should
          work.

          This is messy but the logic works this way. If a number other than
          zero is used the choice comes up and then a second list will show up
          minus the first choice. Odd behavior that has been reported. If
          the second window does not pop up and work please email me
          adairl@... (sigh twelve more spams a day) and I will try
          to aid you.