Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: A class ability that assigns variable skill bonuses

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2003
      > At 07:13 PM 11/5/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      > >Oh, and I also tried it with a 4 on the end of the CHOOSE instead of
      > >a 1, and I get the same problem, except that it gives me the chance
      > >to choose "Funclass Skill Bonus(4)".
      >
      > It sounds like the syntax CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=3|Spot|Listen|Search|4
      >
      > might be the answer. The skill 1 is likely due to the fact that the first
      > argument is setting the number of list entries, not the number of choices
      > you can make.
      >
      > Have you pursued that at all?

      That's not a correct reading at all. NUMCHOICES=3 says the maximum number a
      choices a PC can take is limited to 3. So if he gets 1 choice per feat, he
      can only take the feat 3 times. The |# at the end used to mean the number
      of times to select per feat taken. It broke a long time ago, and various
      patch-fixes from various code monkeys looking at how it 'should work'
      differently were installed over it. I'd hate to delve into that code. We
      eventually settled on a COST tag in the feats.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD