DC bonus help

  • David AraSmith
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
      I am having problems with a feat as well as a prestige
      class SA that adds to the DC of a spell. I have
      created a PrC SA that adds to the DC of enchantment
      spells:

      1 BONUS:VAR|EnchantPower|CL/3
      DEFINE:EnchantPower|0
      1 BONUS:DC|SCHOOL.ENCHANTMENT|EnchantPower

      It works fine by itself, but when I try to combine it
      with a feat that increases the DC also (Spell Focus
      for example), it only uses the higher of the two
      modifiers rather then added them together. Any help
      with this would be much apprecaited. Thanks.

      dave

      =====
      There is no religion higher than Truth.

    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, David AraSmith
        <mycerius@y...> wrote:
        > I am having problems with a feat as well as a prestige
        > class SA that adds to the DC of a spell. I have
        > created a PrC SA that adds to the DC of enchantment
        > spells:
        >
        > 1 BONUS:VAR|EnchantPower|CL/3
        > DEFINE:EnchantPower|0
        > 1 BONUS:DC|SCHOOL.ENCHANTMENT|EnchantPower
        >
        > It works fine by itself, but when I try to combine it
        > with a feat that increases the DC also (Spell Focus
        > for example), it only uses the higher of the two
        > modifiers rather then added them together. Any help
        > with this would be much apprecaited. Thanks.

        Interesting - I would have thought that what you have works. Maybe
        try adding a TYPE to the BONUS. i.e.
        BONUS:DC|SCHOOL.ENCHANTMENT|EnchantmentPower|TYPE=classBonus

        Since your bonus tag has no type (and thus has an unamed type) it
        *should* stack with spell focus, which also has an unnamed bonus
        type). Maybe adding a type here would make PCGen recognize that the
        two should stack.

        -Bryan

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2003
          Thanks a bunch. That helped out. I too thought the
          other way should have worked but am still a novice at
          lst creation. :)

          > Interesting - I would have thought that what you
          > have works. Maybe
          > try adding a TYPE to the BONUS. i.e.

          BONUS:DC|SCHOOL.ENCHANTMENT|EnchantmentPower|TYPE=classBonus

          > Since your bonus tag has no type (and thus has an
          > unamed type) it
          > *should* stack with spell focus, which also has an
          > unnamed bonus
          > type). Maybe adding a type here would make PCGen
          > recognize that the
          > two should stack.
          >
          > -Bryan

          =====