PRESUBCLASS?

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2003
      Lokoing at the docs there is no presubclass tag. Does anyone know if
      the PRECLASS tag will check sub types. I.e. can I check for a Shaper
      (PRECLASS:1,Shaper=1) or Evoker (PRECLASS:1,Evoker=1)
    • Eric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
        At 14:09 2003.10.31, taluroniscandar wrote:
        >Lokoing at the docs there is no presubclass tag. Does anyone know if
        >the PRECLASS tag will check sub types. I.e. can I check for a Shaper
        >(PRECLASS:1,Shaper=1) or Evoker (PRECLASS:1,Evoker=1)

        PRESUBCLASS exists. It is not documented so I can't tell how it works exactly. What I can tell is that it is parsed in PObject.java.

        Is there a Code Monkey out there that can tell us what it does?

        TIA

        Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
        >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
        >> I know Tir's shameful secret!!!
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • Felipe F. Diniz
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
          PRESUBCLASS:x,y,y,y,y

          x=number of needed occurrences
          y=Subclass Name

          Example:
          PRESUBCLASS:1,Evoker,Abjurer,Enchanter,Illusionist

          Felipe
          - OS & Code Gibbon

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric Beaudoin
          <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
          > At 14:09 2003.10.31, taluroniscandar wrote:
          > >Lokoing at the docs there is no presubclass tag. Does anyone know
          if
          > >the PRECLASS tag will check sub types. I.e. can I check for a
          Shaper
          > >(PRECLASS:1,Shaper=1) or Evoker (PRECLASS:1,Evoker=1)
          >
          > PRESUBCLASS exists. It is not documented so I can't tell how it
          works exactly. What I can tell is that it is parsed in PObject.java.

          > Is there a Code Monkey out there that can tell us what it does?
          >
          > TIA

          > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
          > >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
          > >> Camels to can climb trees (and sometime eat them).
          > >> I know Tir's shameful secret!!!
          > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
            New entry for the Docs, please review.

            -Eddy Anthony
            -PCGen Doc Gibbon
            Tag Name: PRESUBCLASS:x,y,y

            > Variables Used (x): Number (number of needed occurrences).
            > Variables Used (y): Text (Subclass Name).

            What it does:
            > Sets subclass requirements.

            Examples: