Re: [pcgen] Re: [DOCS] [828011] PRExxx errors

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2003
      At 17:10 2003.10.29, Eddy Anthony wrote:
      >Ahh, clarity
      >The issue here is that pipe characters can be used on stand alone PRETYPE
      >statements that prereq a whole line but when attached to BONUS tags a pipe
      >will not work
      >Once more for review:
      >Tag Name: PRETYPE:x,x|x
      >
      >Variables Used (x): Alpha (A type name).
      >Variables Used (x): EQMODTYPE (A type name for an eqmod).
      >Variables Used (x): EQMODA (name for a specific eqmod).
      >
      >What it does:
      >
      >Make specific TYPES or EQMODs a prerequisite.
      >use a comma (,) delimiter to indicate AND
      >use a pipe (|) delimiter to indicate OR. Note: If you use this tag at the
      >end of a BONUS tag you cannot use the pipe (|) character.
      >Use the PREMULT tag in conjunction with this tag in that situation.
      >you can use conditionals - e.g. PRETYPE:.IF.TYPE=Armor.Shield.Weapon.THEN.
      >EQMODTYPE=MagicalEnhancement
      >.IF.TYPE= is the only condition currently supported for eqModifiers

      If PRETYPE was code like this, it is an error. The "|" should never ever be used with PRExxx tags. Also, the correct syntax for PRExxx tags should always be

      Where <number> specify how many of the cases must be true.

      So if you want to do a "or", you do

      PRETYPE:1,type1,type2

      If you want to do a "and", you do

      PRETYPE:2,type1,type2

      Yea, that's not the clearer/easier/<instert adjectif here> syntax but it is the syntax used for nearly all the of PRExx tags and it should NOT be changed one tag at a time. There is a need for a big reengeenring of the PRE tags and it will happen. Until then, we have to keep the existing standards.

      Best

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>